Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
I really think you're exaggerating how often people mess with you as Sec, how hard it is to brig people, and how often you have to deal with multiple opponents at once, because it's never been a problem for me before or after the change.

If not, then your experience at playing Sec is vastly different than mine because it's also my most frequently played role. If that's the case, maybe that has a lot more to do with how you act during a round and how people respond to it rather than inherent qualities of the role.

Consider that you don't have to fight every fight, especially when you're outmatched, or the environment is stacked against you.

I knew the polls were just going to lead to this situation

(04-12-2017, 11:10 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 09:56 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Also I've seen very little of belt hell being used since this change happen so again the only positive thing this change did was make instant kidnappings a thing of the past. But made everything else needlessly harder for no real reason.

If anything I hope you see that the backlash this idea has gotten is not because we hate change but is because you are trying to impose a certain playstyle on us.

I'd say that the under use of belthell is more to do with the fact that the docks are annoyingly out of the way, often right on the edge of the map. The quartermasters, the main users of belthell, have very little reason to send stuff across the station as there's few supplies departments actually need from QM.

EDIT: Also, did you know Ed, you can order additional port-a-brigs from the QM to arrest multiple people?
This is very relevant. The docks area in weird and inconvenient places. Additionally, things like the forklift can only accept certain crate types, meaning if you were to order something like phasers to take over to a staging area to fight off entrenched syndicates, you're gonna have to spend time transferring things around to the proper crate types.

Docks and cargo pads only help so much as delivering to specific areas. Still a bit hard to take something to somewhere that doesn't fit those site designations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Frank_Stein - 04-12-2017, 12:12 PM