Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
For the most part you got it down. I honestly don't know how else to show that this change has made security so hard to play for someone like me who's been playing the job non-stop for three years without recording all of my rounds and posting them on youtube, which is something I really want to do just to bring to light issues regarding how the community treats Security. Which is not possible with the toaster I have.

As a lone Security officer who has to deal with everything under the sun. Be it from boredom or a rampaging antag my number one goal as a officer has been the safety of the crew. The thing I saved people from the most before this change was exposed parts of the station caused by explosions. This is now a death sentence to try with this change as the slow down stacks with the cool down that space gives to the player. This was manageable before Winter Coats got nerfed (I get why they were nerfed don't worry)

Brigging people has always been a issue being that someone will run up and whisk away them at lightning speed. This is no longer an issue. But as grayshift will try and tell you it's a blessing and I thought it was to at first. He fails to see this just made those people change it up and they will just now chase you while you are slowed down and beat the shit out of you and steal your stuff. So you got two choices. Either stand you ground and hope they don't disarm you and try and stun all the attackers fast or let the person you arrest go and make a run for it. The port-a-brig is nice but it is hardly a solution to this long standing issue which I feel is far worse now then it's ever been. The Port-a-brig takes seconds to get out and a couple more seconds to put the person in and lock it and send it away. A lot can happen in those seconds. It's not the solution to this issue it's a band-aid. Frankly either the change needs to be reverted, Noah's patch replaces it or Security is given more leeway to kill these people without having to send really long adminhelps each step of the way.

Noah I don't see how I'm not being consistent. I've always said in this thread that I love the thing and that I use it but it barely helps in the grand scheme of things. I've voiced that countless times in this thread.

EDIT: Okay in this thread I have not said I use the port a brig but I never said I don't use it. The information I give on the thing should be a indication enough that I use the thing. I must be getting my threads mixed up as around Febuary and March there was alot of talk about the thing and I plan to go though those threads to find my post where I say I use the thing. The fact that I may have to do this in my defense over my viewpoints kills me though. Anyways here's one quote from one thread. The other thing is my constant call to remove it which has change to "Vastly change it or make the things you want us to use better instead of nerfing all the players" This change needs some real improvements.

(07-03-2016, 03:50 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I've always thought it was dumb that they could remove their cuffs inside it. I use the port a brig constantly cause I feel the pros outweigh the cons but that seriously bugged me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Ed Venture - 04-12-2017, 11:50 AM