Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(03-17-2017, 11:01 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 06:10 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 02:35 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Why are you saying it's tied when it's 27% remove and 73% keep with varying levels of adjustments?

That's misconstruing the poll. All the poll options are mutually exclusive so you can't just lump them together like that.

To be fair, a First Past the Post voting system isn't ideal for this situation. Using some kind of preferential cardinal score vote would work better.

I don't think it is. The last few replies have been about reverting the feature entirely, to which ed replied that a compromise is on the table because the poll is tied.

This implies some sort of tie between "revert" and "don't revert", but that's not even close to the case; there's only 1 revert option, and 4 keep options. You can't just compare any two options and say they're tied when they're more of a gradient than standalone responses; they run from "revert entirely" to "keep as is", and the majority of people want to keep the feature with modifications

You can't extrapolate from the poll results because we don't know what the alternative preferences of the voters might be. We can't statistically say that there is, in fact, a gradient as you claim. It's perfectly possible that everyone who couldn't have a feature exactly the way they wanted it would prefer that the feature just be removed outright. Now, while such a scenario is very unlikely, we can't just take the convenience of assuming that it's untrue. Making such an assumption would be both unfair and, in the case that it actually WAS true, grievously counterproductive.

So I made an approval poll instead. http://www.strawpoll.me/12552816

With this poll, everyone votes for the options (intentional plural) that they would be okay with having in the game. Since you can vote for more than one option, you don't have to feel tied to voting for a popular opinion.

In the end, we'll wind up with the least disagreeable option on top.

I'd like to stress how important it is that you vote for ALL your preferred choices. Don't just vote for one unless you can ONLY tolerate one choice. Here's the link again: http://www.strawpoll.me/12552816

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Noah Buttes - 03-17-2017, 04:47 PM