Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
Are people seriously planning to leave because of this? Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram...

This thread was literally created by a coder and called "Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!", and some things have been adjusted because of feedback.

I'm fine with pulling anything slowing you down (even marginally), as it gives someone chasing you after you grabbed it a chance to get it back. Yes, this makes things harder for antagonists, so just adjust your strategies a bit. Being stunned then dragged off to be spaced is infuriatingly common, anything that makes that a little less viable is great in my book.

Anything with wheels should be treated as a marginal slowdown, as said by folks already, unless it has significant mass. I haven't had a chance to play extensively with the changes, but off the top of my head I think that medical gurneys and carts (both janitor and cargo ones) need to be in the marginal slowdown category (I remember reading a few pages back something about gurneys, but the topic was massively derailed so I've forgotten about it by now, so this may already have been done).

Stick a few spare carts about in maintenance and put some in relevant departments (engineering, tool storage, robotics, mechanics - anyone who works with materials, basically), and put some resprited (or in some cases just renamed) ones in various places (the hotdog cart, a drinks cart, a produce cart) and you're done. Don't make them too commonplace, but make it so that each department has some form of easy transport available (albeit in limited quantity) and I think 90% of people's complaints here will stop.

If you want to go all-out, add "wheels" to the nano-fabricator and let them make carts (four wheels, and six sheets). Bonus points for doing this solely because then you could make a pizza delivery cart out of pizza.

People-dragging is the only real variable that affects a lot of people significantly, and I'm fine with the change in general (I would go as far as making grabbed pulling slower as well). I like the idea of having people with the help intent easier to drag (it implies cooperation with the dragger rather than resistance), or that the default speed is increased partly but players can slow down their dragger by spamming "resist".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Mordent - 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM