Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(02-13-2017, 12:19 AM)Zafhset Wrote: I think there needs to be more discussion on how this benefits gameplay before moving towards accommodating its implementation.

I Agree with this statement.

(02-13-2017, 02:57 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: To be honest, if there was some kind of place where coders were supposed to tell us what they're working on before they do anything, you'd probably end up with too many people trying to tell them how they should do it or that the idea was bad in general. It would be very disheartening 

It's better this way, where they can work in peace, drop in their work, and then get the feedback based on actual game play

Those people would make little difference in the grand scheme of things as when a coder wants to do something they do it, and I'd think they'd get good feedback before and after they add it into the game. Hindsight is 20/20 after all. It would be great if hindsight could be avoided altogether.

(02-12-2017, 09:52 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: The speed for dragging people has pretty dire implications for playing sec. And before anyone says anything, fuck the port-a-brig.

This is my main concern as I play nothing but Security. You can say use the port a brig but I still have to get them to a place so I can grab my PDA, Open the window, call the port-a-brig, throw them in it and lock it, then go back to my PDA and send it back. That can take more then a few seconds and alot can happen in a few seconds. Such a easy task has now been made considerably harder. If you are trying to give more reasons to not play security you are doing a great job at that.

I can live with this change the one good thing I can say about it is that it's going to make dealing with people who take the people you handcuff away easier to deal with. But it's also going to make the game slow to a crawl at some points and I don't think that's a good thing.

I won't lie. I think it's a bad change mainly cause I think it's going to make security needlessly harder and I believe the reasoning behind the change is a poor one with not that much thought going into it. Again the reason stated in the IRC was because no one uses other transportation items. That means they are not viable for most players and if the way to make them viable is to nerf every single player then I have to say it's bad as I don't believe forcing players to use things we never needed before is a good thing. Make things better so we want to use them without making somethings worse.

This also makes dragging people to safety alot harder as well. You can say it's harder for antags to drag people away as well, so it's balanced for both sides and your right, but for the most part the only antags that's going to be effected are Changelings and Vampires. Any other antag just kills on the spot. Getting people out of harm's way and saving them is always my top proity as a Security Officer which I feel is now unnecessarily harder to do. This will just encourage players to ignore dead bodies and injured players more so then they do now and encourage security to just hunt for antags instead of caring for the crew while trying to protect them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Ed Venture - 02-13-2017, 03:02 AM