Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
I have two concerns, though I will preface this by saying that I didn't get the chance to try out the new mechanic myself (and won't be able to until after Ass Day.) 

1. There needs to be a way for any crewmember to transport crates with reasonable speed.
I'm not sure if this is the case already, but I think that pushing crates should be faster than pulling them. The lack of control while doing this should work in gameplay terms rather well; trying to set up a long, straight line of unimpeded tiles to push across and stuff like that sounds suitably SS13 to me.

This turns out to be the case already.

2. Medics need a fast, non-fiddly way to get injured people moving.
Currently, I believe the medical PDA has a really bad med scanner on it that's activated when you use it on someone. Instead, I propose that the Medbay starts with a number of Port-a-Gurneys that can be assigned to your PDA by using it on the Port-a-Gurney (one gurney can be assigned to multiple PDAs this way.) You'd get an output like this:

You assign the Port-a-Gurney to your PDA. Current connected PDAs: 2.

This will allow you to shop around for a relatively unpopular gurney. Later, when you use your PDA on a player who is prone or resting, the gurney is called to your location and put underneath the player, allowing you to move them instantly. If the gurney is currently in use already, your PDA will make a noise and let you know.

Something similar is already being worked on.

This change seems fine to me, tbh.

EDIT: Got a few seconds of hands-on time before Ass Day made it impossible (seriously, what awful timing) but I managed to test most of what I wanted.

Bodies are fine. It feels fine how slow it is, particularly if you use your Sprint button.
Wheeled Objects are not. Welding tanks are as slow as bodies are, and could use a boost.
Small, hand-held objects like toolboxes should not slow you down at all. This is just annoying and doesn't contribute to the balance benefits this change brings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by CameronWoof - 02-12-2017, 11:21 PM