Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
Any critical objects whose pull speeds make no sense, post them here.

Please keep in mind your spaceman, by pulling an object, is moving backwards and possibly bent over to drag it along the ground, so even light objects can be kinda obnoxious and slowing to pull.

Edit: Since this is invariably going to devolve into general discussion on the change, I'll just open it up to that, but if you do have something that needs adjusting, bold it so I don't miss it in the mire. Thanks!
Everything.

This change is just unnecessary. But fine, I'll use edit this post into a list of things that have an absurdly slow drag speed.

"Well this is just silly" slowdown:
Breach Carts, Fuel Tanks, Water Tanks, really anything with wheels.
Individual tools such as screwdrivers
Conceivably 'small' items to drag such as a data diskette, a cardboard box
Absolutely any sort of mob. Even people. Even a mouse. Even a roach.
A mortally wounded crewman that did not reach the medbay in time, because slow drag speeds is a really dumb idea.
Stacks of material sheets, such as metal or glass.
Crates. I don't care if they don't have wheels, being a QM is next to impossible when it takes half a minute to move ONE crate across the cargo bay.
Lockers are quite absurdly slow too, considering how useful they are for moving vast quantities of items for fun times (Like the occasional clown that steals peoples shoes and collects them in a loot locker)
A single fire extinguisher slows you down to "I am missing one of my legs" speeds.

WHY WAS THIS CHANGE NECESSARY? WHAT THE HECK, GRAYSHIFT?
I haven't had time to play since this 'feature' was implemented, but has there been a nuke op round yet? I feel like that should be kind of a concern.

also I think this was a bad change that no one asked for which will probably be reverted after a couple of days after massive complaints, so I'll just stay off the game until that point, there's my two cents
(02-12-2017, 08:26 PM)Roomba Wrote: I haven't had time to play since this 'feature' was implemented, but has there been a nuke op round yet? I feel like that should be kind of a concern.

We took the fact that the nuclear bomb has wheels on it into account.
(02-12-2017, 08:27 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 08:26 PM)Roomba Wrote: I haven't had time to play since this 'feature' was implemented, but has there been a nuke op round yet? I feel like that should be kind of a concern.

We took the fact that the nuclear bomb has wheels on it into account.

Well thank goodness for that bit of foresight atleast!
I don't get why this became a thing when there's so much other stuff that actually adds to fun that could have been worked on
(02-12-2017, 08:46 PM)poland spring Wrote: I don't get why this became a thing when there's so much other stuff that actually adds to fun that could have been worked on

Agreed. If this was an attempt to make people use other methods of moving vast quantities of crap around:

The forklift is no longer upgradeable and is overall too cumbersome to use.
The cargo tractor cannot have more then 2 cars frown
The port-a-brig is often forgotten by a security officer AND god help anyone that has to arrest more then one person.
MULE Bots for moving crap around isn't possible, MULE Bots have been broken since Cogmap 2's release (the bots don't return to QM after making a delivery)

I can't think of another reason to slow drag speed except to try and force people to use these crappy alternatives for moving things around.
IF the idea was to force people into using other cargo/person moving methods, why not just make them better instead of changing a big aspect of the game that doesn't need changing?
(02-12-2017, 07:54 PM)Grifflez Wrote: WHY WAS THIS CHANGE NECESSARY? WHAT THE HECK, GRAYSHIFT?

I'm guessing it's another half thought out "muh realism" idea. But I agree this is a awful addition to the game and let's hope it gets removed. Sucks this got added before assday since dragging things is a huge part of the game it's going to make everything a pain to deal with and playing security now is going to be needlessly harder because of it.
are you hoping to make the forklift, cargo golfcart thing, mulebot, etc relevant with this?

maybe if you could give mulebots a simple "follow me" and "wait here" commands like how guardbuddies sometimes bodyguard ppl, they would indeed become popular. well, if they also didnt move incredibly slowly
make the replacements not suck before you change it THANKS or at least test it more
unless this is secretly a test run you'll change!!
(02-12-2017, 09:39 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: make the replacements not suck before you change it THANKS or at least test it more
unless this is secretly a test run you'll change!!

Or give us a heads up that game changing updates are coming so we can give feedback or say it's a bad change. It's much better then throwing it in broken and getting yelled at by the community.
yeah i sounded a bit harsh but this came out of nowhere and nobody asked for it to my knowledge
Was this change primarily for people or materials? Seems interesting, influence on other systems every instance.
The speed for dragging people has pretty dire implications for playing sec. And before anyone says anything, fuck the port-a-brig.
This feels rather unnecessary. What fun can this conceivably add other than needlessly slowing down part of the game mechanic?