Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(05-16-2017, 07:12 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I didn't want to say anything more on this thread, but pulling a BEE slows you down a little bit! They're floating and adorable! Why do they slow us?!

you have to repeatedly check that its okay cause its so precious
OTOH, bubs' bee should slow you down for a minute if you even touch it.
This was added to deal with lings hauling people off at light speed partially, i thought.

Also, QM gets raided and budget drained pretty much constantly, so it gets kind of a pain to play sometimes.
Objects and especially bodies should be weightless in space with their tendency to fly all over the place randomly.

It's kind of weird to be wearing a jetpack flying through space and suddenly lose all momentum and move at a crawl until you stop pulling something.

This sounds like a nightmare code-wise though.
damn, thats right, it never occurred to me to test and give feedback on how this change would be out in space.

it makes sense that youd at least start off slow as youre pulling mass, but youd definitely pick up speed easily out there with no friction and no gravity
(05-18-2017, 09:43 PM)misto Wrote: damn, thats right, it never occurred to me to test and give feedback on how this change would be out in space.

it makes sense that youd at least start off slow as youre pulling mass, but youd definitely pick up speed easily out there with no friction and no gravity

Fuck no, the last thing we need is inertia. Things are buggy enough as they are.
i just want to say i hate this feature and i really hope somebody gets rid of it or atleast makes it so the slowest you can go while pulling is walk speed.
I assume Grayshift is busy IRL and cant remove this feature right now?
(06-14-2017, 12:30 PM)Atlz90 Wrote: I assume Grayshift is busy IRL and cant remove this feature right now?

If this thread is anything to go by most of the admins double down on keeping this change despite the backlash. I would not hold out hope on this getting removed. At most hope for changes which are sure to come down the line. I also assume Grayshift is busy as I have not seen him on the fourms, IRC or in the game is quite a long time.
To stop this devolving into "revert this shit" repeated in various forms over and over, what, specifically are the problems with it as-is?

Give me actual, specific situations that are problems. Give me actual, specific things you think could help overcome those problems without a full revert. Don't give me problems without solutions, because that doesn't help anything.

I'm not saying anything is going to come of it, but general complaints on their own are just meaningless noise.
I personally am pretty happy since the last change it got. So I don't got any details to give you. I'm sure others do though.
The mobile cameras are on wheels, they shouldn't slow you to a crawl. Not being able to drag the cameras around also makes it hard to be an on-action news reporter, i.e. recording your rampage with the cameras.
I don't have much time to test right now but:

- Bees should not have any slowdown seen as they're floating
- Bots and guardbuddys should not have slowdown as it makes using them strategically a pain in the friggin ass.
- Rollerbeds and roller chairs need to have v. minor slowdown, for the same reason as above

This may be already done, if so please metaphorically punch me in the groin
i actually like the pull change now that its been improved a bunch. crates are still hella slow but that makes sense i guess, and you can always use forklifts/belt hell/utility tractor.

however portable reclaimers should be much faster cause they have wheels. also they go slow as dicks if they have any materials in them. (also why do they exist we have the better ones in useful places)
Anything with wheels should have a speed buff period.