Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
Idea: Because it is faster to hold the item than pulling it, make it so pulling is the same speed as holding. Slow for bodies, high for items.
(02-14-2017, 10:55 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Idea: Because it is faster to hold the item than pulling it, make it so pulling is the same speed as holding. Slow for bodies, high for items.

oh heavens no, no fallout rpg esque weight system in spacemans tyvm
(02-14-2017, 08:57 AM)zewaka Wrote: You do know that the UI was updated recently, right?
its niceand blue now. but when u input a destinationon the mulebot (not thru the pda) it ddemads u type in the destination and is a bit picky about uppercase vs lowercae letters. would be a little better i it brought up a list to choose from likewhen u do it from pda

if it werent for thefact they would be turned into highly robust crushmobiles, being able to remote controlmulebots with vr goggles or a computer console mite b nice too
imo have segways able to pull people behind you.
(02-14-2017, 01:02 PM)TrustScience Wrote: imo have segways able to pull people behind you.

made me think of "torn apart by being tied to segways going in opposite directions" execution method but may be getting outside scope of the thread
Could we have pulling bots/buddies be a bit speedier? The neat tactic of going on patrol as sec pulling beepsky behind you for backup has kinda suffered.
(02-14-2017, 08:32 AM)Mordent Wrote: Are people seriously planning to leave because of this? Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram...

I said I might leave till it gets better. This won't make me quit goonstation and with the big possibility this could lead to the Mailman Job returning and the changes to Security I for sure want to see how things progress. Just going to do what I did when new movement got added and leave till it's get better. Though with new movement I did play and report tons of bugs at first. My PC started to crash on me whenever I wanted to play space station back then so I was forced to wait a couple months before being able to play again.
This sparked more debate more quickly than any forum post I've ever seen. God damn.
Mailmen should have no pull speed debuff.
(02-14-2017, 03:22 PM)New525 Wrote: Mailmen should have no pull speed debuff.

holy shit yes this, we need more job-specific powers
The space obese should be impossible to drag. QM loader would get destroyed, catastrophically, if you tried.
If it's going to be tougher to drag bodies, then the time it takes to bleed out needs to be nerfed. I've been of the opinion for a while that bleeding is ludicrously overpowered as is anyway, but any weapon that causes even moderate bleeding is an instant death sentence now.
(02-14-2017, 04:45 PM)locusts Wrote: If it's going to be tougher to drag bodies, then the time it takes to bleed out needs to be nerfed. I've been of the opinion for a while that bleeding is ludicrously overpowered as is anyway, but any weapon that causes even moderate bleeding is an instant death sentence now.

This is very true. Making edged weapons only have a chance to cause bleed rather than a guarantee buildup per hit would be a good change.

God forbid it's a dipped scalpel.
Bleeding is why I always carry a welder or a bedsheet these days. It's less about bleeding out, for me, as it is creating a thousand tiles of slip off of a single papercut.
george is way too slow to pull. he is a good dog and deserve walkies