Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(02-12-2017, 11:19 PM)zewaka Wrote: I have taken feedback from this thread to increase the speed of the MULE by 200%

does this stack with futzing with their wires to make them even more fasterer?
I think there needs to be more discussion on how this benefits gameplay before moving towards accommodating its implementation.

The coders need to discuss with the playerbase more before deciding to implement drastic gameplay changes like this.
(02-13-2017, 12:19 AM)Zafhset Wrote: The coders need to discuss with the playerbase more before deciding to implement drastic gameplay changes like this.

Been saying this for years.
if only there was a place where new ideas for things to implement in the game could be discussed
(02-12-2017, 11:03 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: As a example People loved the new movement update cause it added new things. It did not take away from their enjoyment of the game. Anything that slows down the gameplay of our server should be seen as a bad thing.

Ton of people hated it when it first dropped and complained a lot about how it broke gameplay. Then it got tweaked/people got used it it and it wasn't a big deal.  I think give this some time and a chance and you'll see it doesn't change too much
(02-13-2017, 01:19 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Ton of people hated it when it first dropped and complained a lot about how it broke gameplay. Then it got tweaked/people got used it it and it wasn't a big deal.  I think give this some time and a chance and you'll see it doesn't change too much

heck lots of people posting in this very thread wanted to remove it from the game since it was SUCH a horrible change

anyways, if people read the changelog we've been tweaking this a lot
a way to repair broken conveyor belts and replace destroyed cargo telepads would be a plus, given their increased importance

a couple extra forklifts and cargo carty things laying around the place in maint halls would also not go amiss
(02-13-2017, 01:19 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 11:03 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: As a example People loved the new movement update cause it added new things. It did not take away from their enjoyment of the game. Anything that slows down the gameplay of our server should be seen as a bad thing.

Ton of people hated it when it first dropped and complained a lot about how it broke gameplay. Then it got tweaked/people got used it it and it wasn't a big deal.  I think give this some time and a chance and you'll see it doesn't change too much

True, but that change had merit even though it was broken at the start. It had the goal of making the controls do new things and giving us better performance, it made things better without making things worse in my opinion and most importantly it was not a realism change. What's the goal of this Change? What does this Change add to the gameplay? It makes it more realistic but is that a good enough reason for drastic change? I don't think so. It makes us use other items. But why not make those items better? Instead of making pulling and dragging worse so were forced to use those items. Make us want to use those items without trying to make other features worse or overly realistic.

EDIT: I really, really wish coders would talk with us on big changes they have planned before throwing them in without much thought. They added this in after changing three lines of code. That right there shows how much they thought about it. We could give feedback and add our thoughts to the idea so their ideas and changes are better integrated into the game at the start instead of having it start off awful and slowly get better.

I mean the idea forums are there for that purpose. We throw out our ideas in there in hopes of getting a coder to work on it, but we would love to talk to coders who are going to try something out even if it's not a user idea. Please discuss your ideas with us even if you already know you will add it to the game just to see how it pans out. It could get a better start and perform much better at release.
maybe carts could be buildable now. you know, like the breach repair cart, and the supply cart, and the trash cart, and they can all be pullable quick and fast and nice
Moving bodies is one of the big reasons for the change (at least to me) so that driveby kidnappings and sprinting off with a corpse are no longer stupidly prevalent., and makes murders more conscientious of where they murder someone, and methods to dispose of the body, as is a giant part of real life murder and so should be represented in our high complexity murder simulator.
Yes some of the alternate stuff moving things need changes, but now we can actually see this instead of a forklift collecting dust.
Some jobs should have more tools to deal with the change, namely sec and cargo, but i don't think this is the apocalyptic game ruining thing everyones making it out to be.

a feature has never been good right out of the box, please bear with and give useful critique and ideas and maybe we can turn it into a workable new aspect of the game from this current raw state.
To be honest, if there was some kind of place where coders were supposed to tell us what they're working on before they do anything, you'd probably end up with too many people trying to tell them how they should do it or that the idea was bad in general. It would be very disheartening 

It's better this way, where they can work in peace, drop in their work, and then get the feedback based on actual game play
I haven't played since this was implemented but the musculature enhancement gene, hulk gene and wrestling belt/status should let you move things faster because you're strong now!! Also vampire and changelings should be considered for it.
(02-13-2017, 12:19 AM)Zafhset Wrote: I think there needs to be more discussion on how this benefits gameplay before moving towards accommodating its implementation.

I Agree with this statement.

(02-13-2017, 02:57 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: To be honest, if there was some kind of place where coders were supposed to tell us what they're working on before they do anything, you'd probably end up with too many people trying to tell them how they should do it or that the idea was bad in general. It would be very disheartening 

It's better this way, where they can work in peace, drop in their work, and then get the feedback based on actual game play

Those people would make little difference in the grand scheme of things as when a coder wants to do something they do it, and I'd think they'd get good feedback before and after they add it into the game. Hindsight is 20/20 after all. It would be great if hindsight could be avoided altogether.

(02-12-2017, 09:52 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: The speed for dragging people has pretty dire implications for playing sec. And before anyone says anything, fuck the port-a-brig.

This is my main concern as I play nothing but Security. You can say use the port a brig but I still have to get them to a place so I can grab my PDA, Open the window, call the port-a-brig, throw them in it and lock it, then go back to my PDA and send it back. That can take more then a few seconds and alot can happen in a few seconds. Such a easy task has now been made considerably harder. If you are trying to give more reasons to not play security you are doing a great job at that.

I can live with this change the one good thing I can say about it is that it's going to make dealing with people who take the people you handcuff away easier to deal with. But it's also going to make the game slow to a crawl at some points and I don't think that's a good thing.

I won't lie. I think it's a bad change mainly cause I think it's going to make security needlessly harder and I believe the reasoning behind the change is a poor one with not that much thought going into it. Again the reason stated in the IRC was because no one uses other transportation items. That means they are not viable for most players and if the way to make them viable is to nerf every single player then I have to say it's bad as I don't believe forcing players to use things we never needed before is a good thing. Make things better so we want to use them without making somethings worse.

This also makes dragging people to safety alot harder as well. You can say it's harder for antags to drag people away as well, so it's balanced for both sides and your right, but for the most part the only antags that's going to be effected are Changelings and Vampires. Any other antag just kills on the spot. Getting people out of harm's way and saving them is always my top proity as a Security Officer which I feel is now unnecessarily harder to do. This will just encourage players to ignore dead bodies and injured players more so then they do now and encourage security to just hunt for antags instead of caring for the crew while trying to protect them.
(02-13-2017, 02:52 AM)Dions Wrote: Some jobs should have more tools to deal with the change, namely sec and cargo

Please let there be squad cars

For real though, maybe touch up the whole cart code. Back when those were first being kicked around there were a lot of ideas floating around that never got implemented. One was more specialized trailers on the back for the various departments, such as a cage for security.

I say, replace Sec's segways with carts with some cage attachments they can hook up. Tweak the carts and the forklift to give them 3 speeds
  • Slow - Nice and safe, just a bit slower than run intent. Nothing happens when crashing into walls and people other than the car stops moving in the direction you had it going in
  • Medium - A bit faster than the run intent. Bumping into things stops you from moving for a second. Knocks people over if hit
  • Fast- Faster than sprinting. Runs people over when hit, giving more brute damage and a stun. Flings the driver out for a big stun on collisions. If carrying things on the forklift drops them
A security cage on the back of a cargo cart, perhaps in a line with other unrelated cargo carts, is incredibly funny to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw