Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(04-18-2017, 12:08 PM)Mordent Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 11:21 AM)Winklabom Wrote: I'd like this feature to be reverted or at least restricted only to things that are truly considered heavy by most people, like I don't know, a piano or an organ.

Like people, or a crate filled with metal?

Crates filled with stuff, sure.

However, I'd argue that, for the sake of gameplay, people shouldn't be counted as heavy objects.

If you absolutely insist that other players should be slow to pull, at least limit it to people who are using the harm/disarm intent while standing up (not knocked down/out or lying on the floor) or if they're obese.

Like I said though, I'd rather see pulling be reverted to the way it used to be.
Actually, yeah, why not make it so a WILLING person is more easily dragged than an UNWILLING person?
That makes it possible to still help people but also can allow impeding abductions
(04-19-2017, 01:35 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Actually, yeah, why not make it so a WILLING person is more easily dragged than an UNWILLING person?
That makes it possible to still help people but also can allow impeding abductions

I think that was already the case, unless things were changed. Mess with switching between help and another intent next time you're being dragged
If that's the case, then it's super neat.
Floor closet needs a speed buff to at least rolling cart level, currently it slows you down as much as a regular closet/crate which meant it went from niche item to practically unusable.
i think the whole 'locker movespeed changes depending on what you have inside' could use a looking at

it does it by amount of things you have in it and so if you have like 10 empty bottles inside a trashbin or something else with wheels it becomes unreasonably heavy to pull 

it happened when i had a bunch of flashlights in it too
Idea: Add a drink item to the vending machines that temporarily gives you the muscular enhancement mutation for about ten seconds.

Discount Dan's Beefcake Muscle Juice. May cause intense flatulence
Do QMs come with the MuEn gene? Did I dream that? I thought that was a thing at some point.
Floor closets can now be pulled at full speed - no slowdown whatsoever, no matter the contents.

The various wheeled carts go faster with items in them.
(04-21-2017, 09:22 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea: Add a drink item to the vending machines that temporarily gives you the muscular enhancement mutation for about ten seconds.

Robust-eez has meth in it. Happy elf hot chocolate normalizes your temperature.
Comedy option: Add full-speed pushing. Like normal bump-pushing but whatever you're pushing stays in front of you even if you turn, and if you're sprint-pushing and you hit someone you go flying in Segway style. Depending on the kind of cart (or other wheeled thing) shit goes flying everywhere, too.
(04-24-2017, 04:13 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 09:22 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea: Add a drink item to the vending machines that temporarily gives you the muscular enhancement mutation for about ten seconds.

Robust-eez has meth in it. Happy elf hot chocolate normalizes your temperature.

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm talking about a drink that let's you pull things at full speed that's also horrendous for your health when abused but  is relatively safe in little sips for short distance moving
The portable reclaimers have wheels but are insanely slow to pull, barely better than crates
ive been thinking about this topic again lately, and thinking about belt hell

i like belt hell, i really do. its great flavor. every unsafe hellhole, as space station 13 is, needs places where people can fall in and get mangled and belt hell is great for this while also nominally serving a credible utility purpose

but lets be honest with each other, belt hell is not and never has been really mechanically necessary for moving crates. cargo transporters and their pads have been around for fuckin ever. belt hell, and the forklift, and cargo golfcart things, are not some kind of backbone features of the entire game that deserve to have sweeping changes made to basic movement mechanics for their sake
At this point, I really do think the playerbase is a secondary concern. The coders seem so disconnected from the people who actually play nowadays that I'm not sure we're actually talking about the same game anymore.