Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
you can disassemble unwanted crates with a wrench to clear up space. of course this will be of only limited use if ppl are buying boxes of bulky shit such as new portabrigs, new plant trays, janitor buckets
Am i the only who does not find pulling canisters really slow? If it is over a short distance you can just sprint
How about a little cheese with your wine?

[Image: 0xUrm2E.jpg]

damn you just told son

I say make everything immovable!!!

Everyone acting like the Hindenberg just crashed should take a deep breath and remember this is a fart simulator we're talking about. Chill your pill dude

Jokes aside: Maegor, you're not alone. I actually think the pull speed is fine as is for most objects. As far as bodies go, maybe have a speed buff for using a body bag?

Oh, and heck yes to the dollies!
(02-18-2017, 07:34 PM)Maegor Wrote: Am i the only who does not find pulling canisters really slow? If it is over a short distance you can just sprint

Honestly it's just faster to push everything now. Sprinting makes little to no difference short distance or not and I came to that conclusion after sprinting while trying to set up flashers.
Please make pulling bees faster! Since they're floating off the ground and all, and seem to be willing to follow you (when you wrangle them).
(02-20-2017, 02:59 PM)Flourish Wrote: Please make pulling bees faster! Since they're floating off the ground and all, and seem to be willing to follow you (when you wrangle them).

done
Please also give some love to buddies and bots.
They have wheels, and making them as slow as dragging a dead weight pretty much counters any reason for using them.
The follow feature on the guardbuddy is neat, but only works if you are remaining fairly static in the workplace, the dragging securitrons around method is a time-old security tactic for use against robust operatives and wizards which now is obsolete, and doctors often reposition medibots around medbay but now are limited by the halting slowness. The other bots; fire, sanitation and floorbots also have very little reason for this limiting pull.
(02-21-2017, 08:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: Please also give some love to buddies and bots.
They have wheels, and making them as slow as dragging a dead weight pretty much counters any reason for using them.
The follow feature on the guardbuddy is neat, but only works if you are remaining fairly static in the workplace, the dragging securitrons around method is a time-old security tactic for use against robust operatives and wizards which now is obsolete, and doctors often reposition medibots around medbay but now are limited by the halting slowness. The other bots; fire, sanitation and floorbots also have very little reason for this limiting pull.

I've always thought AI should have some kind of way of telling bots "go here"

More ways to control bots would be nice. Maybe include a PDA function for each bot type to the appropriate department?

Can they use PDA's as waypoints? The ability to have bots sent to someone who sends out a crisis alert would be neat, and setting a bot to follow you by tracking your PDA would be neat.

I.E. medbots on medical, floor and fire bots on engineering, butt bots on clown
(02-21-2017, 08:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: Please also give some love to buddies and bots.

done
So, I finally got around to testing the pull speed change.

It's not quite as bad as I expected, but it is still very aggravating in general.

It makes life as a QM even more of a living nightmare than it already is.
Why not let the spacemen have pullcarts or wheeled crates?
[Image: whatthefuck4c0b9.gif]
Gif unrelated.
I've just always wanted one of these for medical. The utility tractors are nice, but a touch slow for utility.

If you give a strong, readily available counter to the pull changes, then you more or less invalidating the change.

My ideal would have been:
- Default state being old pull speed.
- Bodies, crates, lockers, chairs, canisters and other 'problem children' get decreased pull speed. Body slowdown negated by cuffs.
- Everything else played by ear.
Give the ability to scan and create more tractor cars for the utility tractor!

A clone driving a tractor train that went from the medbay to escape was great, I don't even understand why duplicating them was disabled frown

If lag is an issue because of too many carts is REALLY still a thing, limit it to 2-3 cars connected max!
(02-27-2017, 05:59 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Give the ability to scan and create more tractor cars for the utility tractor!

A clone driving a tractor train that went from the medbay to escape was great, I don't even understand why duplicating them was disabled frown

If lag is an issue because of too many carts is REALLY still a thing, limit it to 2-3 cars connected max!

I like the carts too.

They can now be scanned.

Along with one other item.
(02-27-2017, 05:59 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Give the ability to scan and create more tractor cars for the utility tractor!

Rather than just scanning, how about converting one of the two western podbays into a motor pool, where more carts and tractors can be built and tinkered with?