Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(02-17-2017, 02:36 PM)poland spring Wrote: let us roll the canisters they're round

set them on their side, jump up on them and run on them to roll them quickly in the opposite direction. get flung off them like a segway or clown car when you hit a person or wall or table
If you roll a canister on its side then it should keep rolling if you accidentally push it and any obstacle it hits should give it a chance to leak.
medibots are slow for a wheels' buddy
crates? holy shit, don't even BOTHER pulling them. Make crates have wheels or something idk. Also I thought this was a decent idea before I actually played, and tried pulling anything. It's honestly a terrible addition, and should be removed. It's easier to push things around rather than pull, and that doesn't add "an experience" for any player, it just adds an annoyance
Add a pallet lifter to the game for the express purpose of moving crates. It's not a vehicle, you don't ride around in it, just click drag to put crates onto it and away you go at full speed.
(02-18-2017, 01:01 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: crates? holy shit, don't even BOTHER pulling them. Make crates have wheels or something idk. Also I thought this was a decent idea before I actually played, and tried pulling anything. It's honestly a terrible addition, and should be removed. It's easier to push things around rather than pull, and that doesn't add "an experience" for any player, it just adds an annoyance

I think we should have a poll to determine what the community wants. But I agree with you 100% this adds nothing but tedium and frustration to the game.
I think the biggest issue isn't moving things long-distance, it's moving things short-distance. For sending crates clear across the station, you can toss it on a mulebot/belt hell/a teleporter pad, etc, but when you have a dozen crates clogging up QM and have to move a few of them out of the way, or are shuffling canisters around for toxins/engine experiments, there's no real shortcut for things like that - fiddling with any of the moving options for such relatively tiny distances is just as tedious as actually pulling the damn things around.

Incidentally, I've seen way more dead bodies lying around the station, depressurized areas and shuttle calls at twenty-five minutes in over the last couple of days than I have over the last month.
Also I've noticed while setting up the Flashers in security that even after you set them up and move away from them the game still thinks you are pulling them and so you still get the effects of the nerf for a few steps. It's pretty annoying but then again everything about this change is nothing but.

(02-13-2017, 03:02 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: This will just encourage players to ignore dead bodies and injured players more so then they do now and encourage security to just hunt for antags instead of caring for the crew while trying to protect them.

(02-18-2017, 03:35 AM)Roomba Wrote: Incidentally, I've seen way more dead bodies lying around the station, depressurized areas and shuttle calls at twenty-five minutes in over the last couple of days than I have over the last month.

Yup, I saw that coming a mile awhile.
Add wheels. You can put them on anything.
And roller skates. For security.
Not to repeat myself but

(02-18-2017, 03:32 AM)locusts Wrote: Add a pallet lifter to the game for the express purpose of moving crates. It's not a vehicle, you don't ride around in it, just click drag to put crates onto it and away you go at full speed.

Hell, make it a handheld thing, scattered around the station in places that need it, like QM, mining, whatever. Click a crate with it to start dragging the crate full speed. Bam.
(02-18-2017, 03:34 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 01:01 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: crates? holy shit, don't even BOTHER pulling them. Make crates have wheels or something idk. Also I thought this was a decent idea before I actually played, and tried pulling anything. It's honestly a terrible addition, and should be removed. It's easier to push things around rather than pull, and that doesn't add "an experience" for any player, it just adds an annoyance

I think we should have a poll to determine what the community wants. But I agree with you 100% this adds nothing but tedium and frustration to the game.

but ss13 is already a game about mindless tedium! what's the harm in adding another layer of unfun bullshit onto what's already there?
(02-18-2017, 04:04 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Add wheels. You can put them on anything.
And roller skates. For security.

(02-18-2017, 04:12 AM)locusts Wrote: Not to repeat myself but

(02-18-2017, 03:32 AM)locusts Wrote: Add a pallet lifter to the game for the express purpose of moving crates. It's not a vehicle, you don't ride around in it, just click drag to put crates onto it and away you go at full speed.

Hell, make it a handheld thing, scattered around the station in places that need it, like QM, mining, whatever. Click a crate with it to start dragging the crate full speed. Bam.

I doubt these will be added as the whole point of this nerf was so we would use items and parts of Cogmap 2 we never needed before this nerf. Seeing how a huge part of the reasoning behind this was to force us to use things we never needed before. If wheels were added we would not need belt hell, the forklift or the mule as we could just quickly grab those, add it to the crate and boom pulling is the perfect solution again. For the record I think pulling was fine before this change and re-reading this thread you can see more people hate this change more then those who like it. I think more discussion on this change and a poll on if the community even wants it is needed before committing to it.

I mean who wants to go though a bunch of hoops to get a crate some place when we could just take it there ourselves with no issue? Regardless if "neat" features got used or not. Just because they were "neat" does not mean they were practical.

The only thing I think this change was right about was regarding the issue of instant kidnappings. I still think the pulling of bodies is too slow but there is for sure more of a argument for that to stay then there is in forcing us to use things we never asked for.
give every dept some supply cart maker kits. it paints a crate in their dept colors, changes its name, and gives it wheels.

make sure the kit only works on opened crates, so that you dont risk the crate's contents disappearing as it is transformed into a supply cart

and then, crates could get a dump interaction like held containers do. then you can pull along a quick-to-pull wheeled supply cart from your dept. and just dump out contents from any additional slow-to-pull crates into it, and carry on

steal other depts supply cart maker kits, hide bodies in the resulting cart, so even if theyre found the investigator will be misled

[Image: 129683_V_L.jpg]
Should have a go at spiriting this.
(02-18-2017, 05:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

[Image: 129683_V_L.jpg]
Should have a go at spiriting this.

Yeah this was suggested in IRC, add dollies
The problem is definitely moving things over a short distance, you have forklifts, mules, belt hell, teleporters for long distance, but moving something just a few tiles around fuckin sucks, we seriously need more capacity to just scoot shit around, that's what we've lost out on
Basic interactions are now frustrating, you can't belt hell a crate to the other side of your department

Have you tried being QM on a round where people actually buy anything? Those boxes pile up fast
Have you tried it with the forklift stolen? Welcome to hell