Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Syndicate Daggers to the Telecrystal Shop Rotation
You can actually already get a renamed syndicate dagger by feeding an emag to the fat and sassy space bee.

No, I'm not joking.
geez spoilers
I found that once I was sad but intrigued, also as emags are 6 tc's its pretty much the same as adding the dagger to the pda menu.
Isn't it the same thing you find at biodome? Or maybe they remove that?

Anyways, I think people are vastly overselling the dagger. It's true that it can be used in combos, but so can tons of other things. You get one toss. The stun doesn't last long. It's messy. It's loud. It's weak. Whether you're going quiet or loud, there are better non-tc choices that are readily available.

Now, if you make it dip-able and derringer-able - that's another thing entirely.
I'd honestly like to see it at a low tc cost if it got implemented just on a trial basis to see how it worked with the combo pieces. It is a pretty weak weapon and requires a good bit of robustness to use. Maybe people are overselling it, but I still think there's a decent chance we would see station clearing rampages using it. 

It's not silent sure, but it doesn't make an obvious sound like the saber or chainsaw that puts anyone in earshot on red alert. You only get one toss if you're throwing it at someone in a conspicuous setting, but as long as you do the legwork and make sure your victim is relatively isolated you can just keep picking it up and restunning them with plenty of time to get your licks in between stuns. Once they're crippled it's pretty simple to drag em to the nearest airlock and send em to the debris field.

I really do think it's an interesting concept for a weapon that has too much universal appeal and fun applications across all jobs to be limited to the chef.