Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improve computer ID slots
Idea: If you hit a console/computer or the ID slot on its interface window with a PDA loaded with an ID then the ID transfers itself to to the slot.

Pros: Means you wouldn't have to use the Eject-ID verb. Minor quality of life improvement, but I find myself using Eject-ID for this very frequently. This would slightly reduce time spent faffing with inventory every time you need to run some prints or whatever.

Cons: Might not get used much because it isn't very intuitive. Could be effort to code because there's so many different computers. I don't think there's much reason to scan a computer with a PDA but if you did this would be annoying, and you could accidentally misplace your ID. If the last one is a problem this would still be good if it only works on the ID slot in the interface window.
maybe it could suck in the whole pda and read the id thru it

maybe the hacker guys could use this for transferring code and programs between computers and pdas too or some shit idk how that crap works
How about instead of actually having to insert the ID, then remove it, it just swipes it and you can put it back. Computer retains the ID of the last person to swipe unless they clear it, similar to vending machines.

Heck, why not have the computer just assume you mean to use the ID you're wearing when you log in, and not even need to swipe anything unless you want to use another ID that you've got in your pocket or something.

(02-11-2017, 04:47 AM)misto Wrote: maybe it could suck in the whole pda and read the id thru it

maybe the hacker guys could use this for transferring code and programs between computers and pdas too or some shit idk how that crap works

That could be the advantage of physically using your card over transmitting the ID code with the PDA. The latter sends a packet containing your ID code which lets someone spoof your access on doors and computers while using just the card keeps the ID code secret