Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs are horrible. Let's nerf bombs.
Rhydic Wrote:cue people making a bomb 10 minutes in and putting a 45 minute timer on it and walling it into some obscure place like owlery

As terrible an idea as this is, I'd love to see this happen just once.

"God, this round has gone on forever. Can someone please call the-URK"

-Entire station vaporizes-
UrsulaMejor Wrote:That's.... Not how bombs work

VIDEO GAES
That seems like a pretty arbitrary thing to me, I'd rather just have huge bombs take time and skill to make. How are things working out with bulky-size transfer bombs? Reminder, single canister weldbombs still exist. They're not as strong, but they're very versatile and fiendish.
MEOW POW Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:That's.... Not how bombs work

VIDEO GAES
No, I mean, even in the video games, that's not how the bomb works. The timer just opens the valve.
It would be neat if we could have some kind of anti personnel bombs, something that wouldn't do a whole lot of environmental damage, but could hurt/kill most unarmored crewmen. Maybe pipebombs fill that role, but I think it would be a neat thing to consider.
atomic1fire Wrote:It would be neat if we could have some kind of anti personnel bombs, something that wouldn't do a whole lot of environmental damage, but could hurt/kill most unarmored crewmen. Maybe pipebombs fill that role, but I think it would be a neat thing to consider.

That's a thing I've been working on as a side project for awhile.
Cogwerks Wrote:That seems like a pretty arbitrary thing to me, I'd rather just have huge bombs take time and skill to make. How are things working out with bulky-size transfer bombs? Reminder, single canister weldbombs still exist. They're not as strong, but they're very versatile and fiendish.

Nothing has really changed, you can still take two bombs in your hands and run around planting them as they dont even have in-hand sprite so unless you slip or somebody randomly disarms you, you are pretty safe with your bombs. Bombs cant be put in a backpack? Who cares, nobody ever checks the bushes or a locker which has been built into a grille. Also, how about instead of nerfing the bombs how about we actually let toxic labs do something half-usefull?
Azungar Wrote:Also, how about instead of nerfing the bombs how about we actually let toxic labs do something half-usefull?
CE says "Hey toxins can you make us some heated fuel for the engine?"
Scientist says "Yeah sure, I'll send it right over, let me just mix some."
I have yet to see anyone use a bomb under the nerf. Anyone seen one yet? I've just seen pipebombs and failed bomb making attempts that lead to a toxins fire.
Yeah, I've seen one traitor bomber. And some rogue AI bombing that fucked up engineering (stop that.)
Here's one problem with the bomb nerf: volatile anomalies in asteroids are terribly small now. Otherwise, I like the tuned down devastation.
TheRedScare Wrote:I have yet to see anyone use a bomb under the nerf. Anyone seen one yet? I've just seen pipebombs and failed bomb making attempts that lead to a toxins fire.

Seriously. It seemed to get worse for a few days after the nerf, as far as I could tell. Suddenly shitlords were bombing the entire station to hell. But it might matter when you're on during the day, and on what server (I'm European, mostly playing on G4).

I fondly remember some non-traitor blowing up Toxins and most of Telescience with the ENTIRE CHAIN OF COMMAND standing in Telesci waiting for a dude to find one of the raid lairs. That player is banned now.
I made a point of blowing up as much of the station as I could the day after the nerf. As a traitor of course. Managed to secure myself about 12 transfer bombs, and began to place them around the station in floor lockers and other stashspots. Got spotted by the AI planting one in a floor locker and that one got dismantled as I fled, got chased around by a cloaker. and eventually got pipebombed. Before succumbing to asphyxiation I triggered the 8 bombs or so I had managed to stash around the station up to that point. Overall a grand success, and not too terribly tricky either, even after the nerf. The most potentially time consuming bit is organizing the transportation and construction of so many bombs and acquiring the extra transfer valves.

I think this was on G3? could have been G4, middle of the afternoon PST so a fairly crowded shift.
Most of the time I only make bombs so when shuttle docks at centcom. I kill everybody on the shuttle
waffels5000 Wrote:Most of the time I only make bombs so when shuttle docks at centcom. I kill everybody on the shuttle

This just in: bombing the shuttle still not funny, news at eleven.