Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A way to make eating food worth it and also fix cold from slow movement woah.
Currently, fat people on run intent have their body temperature by 2 degrees increased whenever they move on run intent. What if that also happened on non-fat people to a lesser degree whenever they have nutrition in them from eating? Eating moderate amounts of food periodically would then protect you from cold movement, and people who overeat would also overheat unless they waddled around for a while afterward.
(02-09-2017, 03:00 AM)Grek Wrote: Currently, fat people on run intent have their body temperature by 2 degrees increased whenever they move on run intent. What if that also happened on non-fat people to a lesser degree whenever they have nutrition in them from eating? Eating moderate amounts of food periodically would then protect you from cold movement, and people who overeat would also overheat unless they waddled around for a while afterward.

people still have issues with cold movement? just throw on something warm and snuggly and you'll be fine
cold movement's harshness has been nerfed a couple times. its not nearly as bad these days. also, this sort of thing has been suggested before. it's a fair idea, but the demand for it is somewhat lessened
The problem I had with cold movement wasn't really 'getting cold', but 'staying cold'. Well, after the initial nerf that is. Initially you couldn't nekkidly cross Cog1 PTL catwalk without dying. Made sense in RL - not so fun for a fart sim.

I'm kinda okay with how it is now, but it's devolved into 'another thing I have to carry'.
Just set yourself on fire. No more cold-induced slow moving!
Always carry a Phlogiston Sulfadizine Colada and an extinguisher for when you reach your space destination
Last time I set myself ablaze to warm up, I found that I just stayed cold after being extinguished. Maybe I just didn't burn long enough. It's not like cold things can't burn, afterall.
I personally like the idea of defeating the cold vacuum of space with grandma's sweater.

Also, I think there are some chems that'll help warm you back up. Salicylic acid looks like it does just that, and it's part of a balanced robreakfast, so it should be present in your system at all times.
It's teporone
There is no such thing as "too much aspirin" in this game. Well, there is, but just swallow some charcoal.