Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 1 Bugs
(04-20-2017, 06:05 AM)Sam Eagle Wrote: I desperately want the Cog2 Engineering combustion chamber pump and pump control computer for Cog1. My engineering skills as they relate to the engine are almost completely nontransferable without that.

Obligatory acknowledgement that I am a bad engi that relies too much on technological crutches for this .

Seconded. Gas runs out way to quickly without being able to restrict the flow. Not to mention that it pours in so fast that it chokes itself out with co2.
(04-20-2017, 07:44 AM)Sov Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 06:05 AM)Sam Eagle Wrote: I desperately want the Cog2 Engineering combustion chamber pump and pump control computer for Cog1. My engineering skills as they relate to the engine are almost completely nontransferable without that.

Obligatory acknowledgement that I am a bad engi that relies too much on technological crutches for this .

Seconded. Gas runs out way to quickly without being able to restrict the flow. Not to mention that it pours in so fast that it chokes itself out with co2.
My (Normally Quite Hot and Effective) Engine Blazes Don't last longer then 1-1.5 MW on Cog 1 before running out of gas, So Yes please!
Cogmap 1 hellburning is a completely different science from cogmap 2 hellburning.

It's more challenging, but far more rewarding if performed correctly.
Cog 1 Engineering Knowledge

There is a pump control computer in the main engineering room: take a look next time you're in there (to the right of the doors leading to the engine room).

To get a 66/33:O2/Plasma mix you'll need the following:
1 Plasma Canister
1 Empty Canister
1 Oxygen Canister
1 Wrench
1 Arm (second arm optional)

1. In the hot loop room (far left room with the combustion chamber) there are two ports connected by a pipe that runs verically with a valve between them. Find this.

2. Connect the Plasma canister to one port.

3. Connect the Empty canister to the adjacent port.

4. Open the valve and wait for the Empty canister to fill.

5. Disconnect the Empty canister.

6. Connect the Oxygen canister to the port you just freed up.

7. If you closed the valve, open it. Use a atmospheric analyser to check the canisters and ensure that the gas has transfered. Done.
The ATM in the jazz lounge is facing the wrong direction.
(04-20-2017, 08:47 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Cog 1 Engineering Knowledge

There is a pump control computer in the main engineering room: take a look next time you're in there (to the right of the doors leading to the engine room).

To get a 66/33:O2/Plasma mix you'll need the following:
1 Plasma Canister
1 Empty Canister
1 Oxygen Canister
1 Wrench
1 Arm (second arm optional)

1. In the hot loop room (far left room with the combustion chamber) there are two ports connected by a pipe that runs verically with a valve between them. Find this.

2. Connect the Plasma canister to one port.

3. Connect the Empty canister to the adjacent port.

4. Open the valve and wait for the Empty canister to fill.

5. Disconnect the Empty canister.

6. Connect the Oxygen canister to the port you just freed up.

7. If you closed the valve, open it. Use a atmospheric analyser to check the canisters and ensure that the gas has transfered. Done.

This is great, thank you very much. Is it best to use pump level 1 or 2? I like being able to set pressure with the Cog2 pump computer, but if this works well thats awesome!
Set combustion chamber pumps to 1.

Also, if you want the pipes to last longer, only pump a tiny amount of plasma into the hot loop.

I'm fairly certain I've played while you were on a few times. Next time you see me playing, call out and I'll happily show you some engineering tricks of the trade. I have the same byond key as my username here on the forums and my in-game name is usually Stan Beezlebub or some version of that.
Will do, thanks a ton.
Not a bug but since we're talking about old cog1 engine tech:

I remember when I first started playing people would talk about the SECRET TECHNIQUE- burning mix *inside* the hot loop.
Supposedly Cog1 was set up such that this was possible, and super efficient, and not just lethal.
I've not managed to recreate that burn on Cog1 or 2, nor Destiny. Got pretty close with some dude once, but took a lot of careful purging and constant babysitting, and petered out way too quickly.

Does anyone remember how it was done back when?
(04-20-2017, 01:00 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Not a bug but since we're talking about old cog1 engine tech:

I remember when I first started playing people would talk about the SECRET TECHNIQUE- burning mix *inside* the hot loop.
Supposedly Cog1 was set up such that this was possible, and super efficient, and not just lethal.
I've not managed to recreate that burn on Cog1 or 2, nor Destiny. Got pretty close with some dude once, but took a lot of careful purging and constant babysitting, and petered out way too quickly.

Does anyone remember how it was done back when?

Not much of an engine nerd, but would it be possible to use high pressure bomb mix canisters and just constantly feed that in and purge it after it passes through the engine?
The emergency shuttle doors don't bolt like on cog2, please fix this as it should take at least a little effort (breaking a window) to toss someone out.
cog1 hasn't felt right since we switched back to it and i've figured out why

there are no god damn towels!!!!! the pool is a barren wasteland compared to cog2!!!!
(04-09-2017, 02:03 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: The detective's office has two blind switches tied to the room rather than one and a light switch (even if the latter is connected to nothing?? it's pretty dark in there)

(04-15-2017, 05:17 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: I dunno if this is a bug or more of a feature request but cogmap1 has no emergency lights so it get's really dark and it's really hard to see when you're the AI.

edit: I guess it does have lights they just didn't turn on, however the main hallways could use some more.

(04-15-2017, 05:40 AM)Flourish Wrote: I'm pretty sure botany doesn't have a UV growth light (or whatever it's called).

(04-20-2017, 09:27 AM)Superlagg Wrote: The ATM in the jazz lounge is facing the wrong direction.

(04-24-2017, 12:46 AM)drymelon Wrote: cog1 hasn't felt right since we switched back to it and i've figured out why

there are no god damn towels!!!!! the pool is a barren wasteland compared to cog2!!!!

done
not really a bug but for some reason there's random sections that are just a grille surrounded by walls instead of just like 2 walls. e.g. outside the airbridge near medbay
Quote:Towels

Did you add the fuzzy slippers and bathrobes?