Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Chat Bar Troubles
I don't really like enter because it is on the opposite side of the keyboard. Honestly, it would be best if the keybinding system was implemented *COUGH* SOMEPOTATO *COUGH*, because I personally would use X but that sucks for arrow key bros.
Speaking of keybindings, was alt-s for *twirl removed?

It stopped working awhile back when some other keybindings got messed up from the new movement but while all the others were fixed it wasn't
Be able to choose our own keybindings would be great. No idea if that is a thing being worked on but no rush if it is. I can put up with the issues if that is coming down the road.
(02-07-2017, 10:35 PM)zewaka Wrote: I don't really like enter because it is on the opposite side of the keyboard. Honestly, it would be best if the keybinding system was implemented *COUGH* SOMEPOTATO *COUGH*, because I personally would use X but that sucks for arrow key bros.

so when you finish typing a message you just will it to completion?
I have no ETA on the binding system but I really want it in ASAP but I have a ton on my plate atm.
So, I just noticed that the chat bar is deselected when a tooltip pops up — even if you're mid typing.
Tooltips have been stealing chat focus for a while now. Didn't say anything here because I thought this was a well known bug.
These issues should be resolved by recent updates and if you upgrade to the latest BYOND version.
Great! Thank you for being you, zewaka. 

Aso, to anyone having this issue currently, pressing "T" will bring up the say window. So, you don't have to fight with clicking on the chat bar every time.
Hey, so i came back after a few months hiatus, and immediately ran into some problems. Banging head against the wall  I'll try to describe them.

1) I can't clear the 'say " ' by pressing backspace. I used to, but not anymore.

2) No buttons in the numpad area ( /, *, -, +, 0-9, etc) are responding. At all. I used to be able to press * all the time to do emotes. I can still press shift+8 (not numpad8) to get the asterix.

3) With the tooltips activated in the character's preference, whenever i hover even briefly over an item like my backpack, the whole game window goes out of focus and goes back on. Disabling this option get rid of this problem.

...4?) Not exactly a bug, but is there a way to press ENTER to set the focus to the chat bar, without it being in WASD mode? I foggily recall a time that i could do that.

And now for some informations :

- I am running byond 511.1376, as seen in the 'about byond...' option in the byond client.

- Windows 10, 64 bits FR_CA

- Graphic driver updated (geforce 740 gt)

If theres any questions, feel free to ask them.
first one sounds like you hit the 'chat' button in the bottom right corner, maybe, idk
(03-07-2017, 08:59 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: first one sounds like you hit the 'chat' button in the bottom right corner, maybe, idk

Yes indeed. However if it's deactivated, i have to type 'say' every single time which is tiresome.
(03-07-2017, 09:09 PM)sankto Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 08:59 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: first one sounds like you hit the 'chat' button in the bottom right corner, maybe, idk

Yes indeed. However if it's deactivated, i have to type 'say' every single time which is tiresome.

That's a feature. You can press T (the hotkey) to open up the 'say' window.
Wait what?

Not being able to delete say is a feature now?

I'm having the same problem this guy is having and I could've sworn it was a bug.
To the OP: what is your IE version and if it's less than 11, update it. Also clear your IE cache perhaps.

To Noah: no you dumberoni, the "sticky say" is due to the aforementioned chat/say button thing in the bottom right. It is doing what it is supposed to.
I understand that it might be a feature, but it's a terrible one IMO. I can't do any command like "suicide" without manually selecting "say" with my mouse, erasing it with backspace, then actually typing the command.

As an aside, i can type anything in the numpad area after pressing T. But that doesn't fix the issue.

EDIT : IE is version 11, latest update was December 13, 2016