Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Chat Bar Troubles
(03-08-2017, 10:22 AM)sankto Wrote: I understand that it might be a feature, but it's a terrible one IMO. I can't do any command like "suicide" without manually selecting "say" with my mouse, erasing it with backspace, then actually typing the command.

Am I missing something or is there a reason you can't just...toggle the button off?
(03-08-2017, 12:05 PM)Wire Wrote: Am I missing something or is there a reason you can't just...toggle the button off?

When i have it off, there is nothing in the input bar. I have to type "say" everytime i want to say something.
When it is on, i cannot clear "say", to input a command, without having to select it with the mouse + backspace.
It might be the "working as intended" situation, but i clearly remember it not being the case when it was on.

To add to problem #2, when numlock is off, i can move with the number pad (but i never use that anyway), but still not press / * - + in-chat. When it's on, neither work.
(03-08-2017, 12:34 PM)sankto Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:05 PM)Wire Wrote: Am I missing something or is there a reason you can't just...toggle the button off?

When i have it off, there is nothing in the input bar. I have to type "say" everytime i want to say something.
When it is on, i cannot clear "say", to input a command, without having to select it with the mouse + backspace.
It might be the "working as intended" situation, but i clearly remember it not being the case when it was on.

To add to problem #2, when numlock is off, i can move with the number pad (but i never use that anyway), but still not press / * - + in-chat. When it's on, neither work.
You either choose between only talking, or having to type 3 whole characters whenever you wanna talk, lazy bones. Pretty sure everyone else just types say cause it's easier.
I guess I'm just used to how the chat button used to still let you delete the "say."
Setting tooltips to "show on alt" will allow you to use them without them stealing focus all the time (it's a known bug).
Alright i guess i can deal with the 'say' matter, although i'm with Noah on that one.

(03-08-2017, 01:23 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Setting tooltips to "show on alt" will allow you to use them without them stealing focus all the time (it's a known bug).

That seems to work... kinda. It still flicker, but at least i can show the tooltip when i need it and not have that happen when i want focus on the input bar. smile Thanks!

There's still the numpad shenanigans. No idea why that's happening. I cleared BYOND's and IE11's Cache, to no change.
Blah blah blah. I post bugs that are already posted and everyone comments on it ignoring the fact we were all discussing this just last week. (and I told you in OOC I had already made a bug post on this very issue)
Short term momory folks. Those who do not learn from past bugs are doomed to repost them.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8144
(03-09-2017, 10:05 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Blah blah blah. I post bugs that are already posted and everyone comments on it ignoring the fact we were all discussing this just last week. (and I told you in OOC I had already made a bug post on this very issue)
Short term momory folks. Those who do not learn from past bugs are doomed to repost them.

First off, there's more than one problem listed in this thread.

Secondly, the second-to-last post on that thread make it seems like a byond update have fixed it, when it clearly hasn't.
(03-09-2017, 10:05 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Blah blah blah. I post bugs that are already posted and everyone comments on it ignoring the fact we were all discussing this just last week. (and I told you in OOC I had already made a bug post on this very issue)

Wait, I'm confused now. Is the functionality of say a feature or a bug?