Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Chat Bar Troubles
Disclaimer
This is when using arrow keys for movement.

When the chat bar functions as it should, I am able to move about, interact with objects and people in game by clicking, and still type messages in the chat bar. I can use backspace to completely clear the chat bar of the 'say "' text.

Now, every time I want to speak, I have to click on the chat bar and type (sometimes clicking the chat window lets me type). When the round ends, I'm unable to delete 'say"' with backspace and have to either highlight the text or type before the 'say "' text. Typing before the existing text somehow unlocks the text and allows it to be deleted.

Mysterious happenings!

Not game breaking but it sucks when you're trying to type a quick response and have to click the chat bar. By then people have moved on or run off screen. Not being able to just delete say and type ooc is pretty frustrating too.
Sometimes the game doesn't focus on the teleport window for my pod.
Hit the chat button all the way on the right side of the chat bar, it should be pushed in and that will fix it. This happened to me before and it worked.
Edit: Nevermind i'm dumbe I just actually started the game and it's happening to me too.
(02-06-2017, 12:01 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: Hit the chat button all the way on the right side of the chat bar, it should be pushed in and that will fix it. This happened to me before and it worked.
Edit: Nevermind i'm dumbe I just actually started the game and it's happening to me too.

Yeah, that doesn't fix it.

(02-06-2017, 10:17 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Sometimes the game doesn't focus on the teleport window for my pod.

What?
(02-06-2017, 12:09 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 10:17 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Sometimes the game doesn't focus on the teleport window for my pod.

What?

When I click Teleport in my pod, a window pops up. The game doesn't select it nor sets it controllable by hitting up, down, etc.
Also sometimes while typing, after manually clicking the chat bar, it randomly deselects the chat bar so I type out a whole response then realize all I got was 'say "hey du"'

e: this is with arrows btw
This is what made me switch to WASD mode. I hope it gets fixed.
Nothing changed that would have the input defocus on our end, I'm not sure whats going on here.
I could make it so when you press space (or enter) in arrowmode, it focuses the textbox. Hell, I could make it do that for WASD mode too (on enter)
(02-07-2017, 07:34 AM)somepotato Wrote: I could make it so when you press space (or enter) in arrowmode, it focuses the textbox. Hell, I could make it do that for WASD mode too (on enter)

Would throw get moved?
Isn't there a G hotkey that automatically focuses the chat bar?
(02-07-2017, 08:46 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 07:34 AM)somepotato Wrote: I could make it so when you press space (or enter) in arrowmode, it focuses the textbox. Hell, I could make it do that for WASD mode too (on enter)

Would throw get moved?

Back to b, but people would probably protest another move of that so it'd be probably just be enter.
BUT IF YOU USE B HOW CAN I POINT AT THINGS
(02-07-2017, 01:32 PM)somepotato Wrote: Back to b, but people would probably protest another move of that so it'd be probably just be enter.

it was on shift nerdo!!!!!!!!!!!!
enter seems like a good key for it, although, would it interfere with for example typing into a pda or computer and then pressing enter to send that command?