Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emotes that use CTRL+movement keys make you move
The other night one of the admins did something with keymaps on the server, and ever since then certain emotes that have movement keys as part of their hotkey cause you to move. For example in screams case, you move downwards assuming you're in WASD mode since its CTRL+S or CTRL+W winking moves you upwards.

I mentioned this in OOC and Gannets said to make a bug report

Running the latest BYOND beta
I first noticed this when I was helping test the changeling stuff, on Friday. Since then I've noticed it, though I'm not sure if it happens all the time or just... most of it. It happened with the version of BYOND I was running at the time (511.1367) and it's still happening in 511.1372.
it is somepotato's fault
Some smelly butthead named ZeWaka or something said this is because of background work on keybinding implementation.

Unfortunately this means ctrl+emotekey doesn't halt movement. I also can't peacefully reach to my numpad and hit the asterisk key when I have to manually input an emote (like *kick*)
I think the alternative is me (and some others, but who cares about they) having to deal with constant ding overload and lag and the inability to use the latest byond release. So yeah, I'm fine with the bandaid.

May the many (you nerds) suffer for the few (me); it is your duty.

Long live the Potato.
(02-05-2017, 10:06 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I think the alternative is me (and some others, but who cares about they) having to deal with constant ding overload and lag and the inability to use the latest byond release.

Ding overload? As in the keys beeping at you? That's fixed in the latest byond.
I am also experiencing this bug.
(02-05-2017, 10:19 PM)zewaka Wrote: Ding overload? As in the keys beeping at you? That's fixed in the latest byond.
Ah. Well I got the information from deadchat so not the most reliable source. shrug
(02-05-2017, 10:19 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 10:06 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I think the alternative is me (and some others, but who cares about they) having to deal with constant ding overload and lag and the inability to use the latest byond release.

Ding overload? As in the keys beeping at you? That's fixed in the latest byond.

Correction: Its not fixed in the latest BYOND, its fixed as a result of causing what this thread is about
I intend on fixing this bug this week