Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Animal King - Pied Piper Magic Flute
heres a rough idea for a flute that will attract all of the animals to follow you around the station. this would be as a 10 credit traitor item for QM or other. Playing music with this would cause critters such as mouse beasts and birds to follow the player around, dance and maybe attack defend others. !
That sounds amazing actually. Probably needs a hard cap on the amount of critters you can make follow you. I imagine an army of 5,000 bees constantly pathing to you would cause a bit of lag.
How about up to 10 onscreen critters, whether friendly or hostile.
Then again this still starts to get a little bit OP with a few chimp crates and some broken glass.
Maybe 10 points worth of creature:

Simple critters (mice, cockroaches, generic vermin) are 1
More deadly critters (wasps, bees, spiders) are 2
Very deadly critters (bears, wendigos, fermids, etc.) are 3
Monkeys and NPCs are 4

Also, depending on how OP this turns out to be, critters will still attack you if you attack them, and the time you have per creature can change.
(02-11-2017, 12:54 PM)aft2001 Wrote: Maybe 10 points worth of creature [...]

Yeah points system seems a lot more balanced, and makes it less "oh heres a thing that just knows exactly how many lifeforms ten is" and more "it gives you some influence over less intelligent life, scaling with intelligence / hostility" 
f l a v o r f u l
shouting voice mutation should make your flute more powerful because your lungs are stronger to push more air and make loud music
(08-01-2016, 07:47 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Monkey Control Helmet:
I tried coding this but maybe someone else will be inspired and do it much faster than me.
My idea was to have two abilities: one with a medium cooldown that marks someone for death by monkey, and another low cooldown ability that creates a holographic banana to herd monkeys.

[Image: IBCVrcj.png]

Maybe this could be used somehow? I know, not a pipe but its the same principle. And more spacey.
(02-11-2017, 05:39 PM)Arborinus Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 07:47 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Monkey Control Helmet:
I tried coding this but maybe someone else will be inspired and do it much faster than me.
My idea was to have two abilities: one with a medium cooldown that marks someone for death by monkey, and another low cooldown ability that creates a holographic banana to herd monkeys.

Maybe this could be used somehow? I know, not a pipe but its the same principle. And more spacey.

It's also a lot more conspicuous, which balances a bit of the holy shit that's a lot of bees factor.

Gives off a Spaceballs vibe. I love it.
those are cool sprites