Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make Food and Drink better
Allow chef to order "rare" foods from QM, e.g Beef, chicken, maybe some fancy spices.

That way you'd have another way to spice up meals, because cows and chickens don't roam around space.

Beef could probably just use the same sprite as human/monkey/synth meat.

Chicken would look like chicken, and would be delicious deep fried.
I was being a terrible electrician setting up spare kitchens last night, and i found out just how limited electrician chefs are. You can't scan the kitchen sink, drink dispensers or meatspike, which cuts out like 90% of the official recipes - mostly because there's no way to make dough without a kitchen sink. You get the nice clothes and some oatmeal, meatball and pasta recipes out of the FoodTech, basically.

Can flour bags work with toilets or bathroom sinks for making dough? Not like it'd be less sanitary than half of what's made in the normal kitchen.
Darth Various Wrote:I was being a terrible electrician setting up spare kitchens last night, and i found out just how limited electrician chefs are. You can't scan the kitchen sink, drink dispensers or meatspike, which cuts out like 90% of the official recipes - mostly because there's no way to make dough without a kitchen sink. You get the nice clothes and some oatmeal, meatball and pasta recipes out of the FoodTech, basically.

Can flour bags work with toilets or bathroom sinks for making dough? Not like it'd be less sanitary than half of what's made in the normal kitchen.

I tried this as well a good while ago, really dissapointing.

You also can't scan the mixers from what I remember, you just stuff your Scanner into it like a doofus.
atomic1fire Wrote:Allow chef to order "rare" foods from QM, e.g Beef, chicken, maybe some fancy spices.

That way you'd have another way to spice up meals, because cows and chickens don't roam around space.

Beef could probably just use the same sprite as human/monkey/synth meat.

Chicken would look like chicken, and would be delicious deep fried.

More stuff to buy is always good in my opinion, but here's what I was thinking.
Say if more oriental food were implemented, you could add more recipes in that book vending machine beside QM. Maybe over several books, because NT are swindling bastards like that.

Also, yeah, some stuff to order in QM would be cool. Although for simplicity sake, you could order a crate of "botanical herbs" which could be used both by MD's and the Chef, since botany may be too busy growing weed.

I was thinking of replacing synth meat with synth beef, and adding two new varieties, synth chicken and synth pork. All varieties would be able to be modified into synthbrain and synthbutt.
semi-brainfart

I thought it would be cool if the chef/barman had an option to make money through some galactic catering/delivery service. They'd get an order & a time limit for a random combination of food&drink, kinda like how the QM gets those special trader orders ("we want weedcake and bloody mary" instead of "give us mauxite").

either put it on a teleport pad or maybe an interstellar delivery boy shows up in the catering pod bay. they'd get money for the order + a tip whose %age is based on completeness, time, and quality. an order fully complete with the best quality ingredients and shipped off right after the order arrives would net the chef/barkeeper a 300% tip, #wow #whoa

even if no actual crewmembers wanted food they'd still have a reason to make it.
mozi Wrote:semi-brainfart

I thought it would be cool if the chef/barman had an option to make money through some galactic catering/delivery service. They'd get an order & a time limit for a random combination of food&drink, kinda like how the QM gets those special trader orders ("we want weedcake and bloody mary" instead of "give us mauxite").

either put it on a teleport pad or maybe an interstellar delivery boy shows up in the catering pod bay. they'd get money for the order + a tip whose %age is based on completeness, time, and quality. an order fully complete with the best quality ingredients and shipped off right after the order arrives would net the chef/barkeeper a 300% tip, #wow #whoa

even if no actual crewmembers wanted food they'd still have a reason to make it.
Only if they get a choice rather to accept the task or not. If they take it and fail, the station gets a budget cut and a giant announcement tells everyone why.
Can we add sous chef as a job or something

basically a second chef

I mean with all these kitchen changes I'm sure a chef wouldn't mind a helper to mix dough and stuff
Why don't we just make it so if you pour water on flour, you get dough? So you can grab a glass or beaker, fill it from a watertank, and click on flour to make your dough. That seems a lot better than just adding in toilets and showers.
legitimate use for booze:

-heals radiation (worked in STALKER, right?)

-vomiting expels a % of chemicals in the body, the poor man's benzo
mozi Wrote:legitimate use for booze:

-heals radiation (worked in STALKER, right?)

-vomiting expels a % of chemicals in the body, the poor man's benzo

Neat.

Also, one annoyance of mine is the fact that cookies are so damn expensive food-wise to make. Compared to everything else (burgers, cakes, etc.) the cookie recipes are very skewed for what you get.

Hell, the moon pies - especially the special ones (including the whoopie pie) take a lot of ingredients to make and you get a one bite item in return. Why not be able to make batches of cookies by stuffing the sweet dough and ingredient into the mixer to get XXXX sweet dough and when you cut that into slices you get XXXX cookie dough.

Also, either give the chef more milk - or allow the chef himself to order in more food crates, since 6 bottles of milk just ain't enough for a sweets chef.
and I'm not saying make cookies random like cakes, I'm just saying make the few cookie types have a raw dough form to make them cheaper to make.
Just an idea for a recipe: No self respecting pastry chef does not make strudel.

Strudel: kind of ties in with Klayboxx's post, make some sugar dough, cut it into slices, add more sugar and a filling of your choice ( personal favourite cherry and strawberry) and it come's out as a braided strudel when cooked.

Also for the love of botany please add cherry and strawberry plants so we can make jam and pastry filling.

also an idea for filled pastry ( Jelly donuts, tart's, pie)

You can put * Vegetable* in the mixer and get filling, which you can put in icing tubes and fill up things with.

Also can we get some more flavor messages other than AMAZING and TERRIBLE, i want to spend 40 minutes making the perfect Monster and having the captain explode (Literally and figuratively) with flavor.
I'd love to have cooking more intricate. Maybe like the post above's idea we could have more qualities than "bad" "good" and "perfect"

Maybe different foods could have different toppings that would make them taste better or worse depending on the food item and condiment used on it? For example, ketchup with french fries would raise the quality, but hot sauce on ice cream would lower it.

Or maybe even have it randomized every round, so the chef has to experiment to find out which seasonings are best on which foods.
I'd love to have cooking more intricate. Maybe like the post above's idea we could have more qualities than "bad" "good" and "perfect"

Maybe different foods could have different toppings that would make them taste better or worse depending on the food item and condiment used on it? For example, ketchup with french fries would raise the quality, but hot sauce on ice cream would lower it.

Or maybe even have it randomized every round, so the chef has to experiment to find out which seasonings are best on which foods.
enforcer9 Wrote:I'd love to have cooking more intricate. Maybe like the post above's idea we could have more qualities than "bad" "good" and "perfect"

[Image: earthbound_00182.png]