Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make Food and Drink better
Mozi's idea is wonderful in my opinion. It's an interesting and (hopefully) easy way to make cooking relevant to the station.
Cogwerks, I am completely unable to compose a message for some reason.
Noreaus, I'd be willing to sprite a full list of things, PM's aren't working at the mo', so if you could compile a list of stuff you'd like sprited, i'd get through it pretty quickly.
I suggested a while ago to add events twenty or so minutes into the shift declaring the crew to take a ten minute break, and head to the bar for food and drinks with your fellow crew. So crewmembers who wouldn't usually chill out together could sit around the bar, talk about space current events, agree on how hilarious it is to purposefully misspell grief, or just wait until someone starts a brawl.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I suggested a while ago to add events twenty or so minutes into the shift declaring the crew to take a ten minute break, and head to the bar for food and drinks with your fellow crew. So crewmembers who wouldn't usually chill out together could sit around the bar, talk about space current events, agree on how hilarious it is to purposefully misspell grief, or just wait until someone starts a brawl.

My only problem with this idea is it's high frequency to be bombed, much like the escape arm. Everybody heads to the bar to eat, HoS, captain, HoP, several high priority targets all gathered in a small confined space.

I would love a break time that gathered everyone together otherwise, this is the most likely consequence of this though.
Maybe if break time sent random people to a random area from a pre-designated list of rooms? It could beep on your PDA which room to go or something.

Of course, there wouldn't be any real motivation to do this, but it would probably work anyway.
kill drones should wander the halls and if you aren't in your MANDATORY break location at the time you will be executed
MEOW POW Wrote:kill drones should wander the halls and if you aren't in your MANDATORY break location at the time you will be executed
lol
So decided to do some spriting for this because I'd love some dishes that weren't purely Americanized.
I'm also surprised at the amount of base ingrediants, like eggplant and garlic, that simply has no use aside from growing
I'm starting with oriental first, then working my way west

To get any sort of oriental cuisine, we needed a rice plant, so I went and done that. v
Sapling
[Image: O0d4k3s.png]
Vegetative
[Image: VtVIHAE.png]
Ripened
[Image: 2w9Uel9.png]
Dead
[Image: AftQOZK.png]
Product
[Image: 71dgdFe.png]

I went ahead and sprited some Egg noodles.
Real easy to make in game as in real life, just add flour and egg in the mixer.
[Image: P4Tw1v1.png] + [Image: oIHSpUr.png] = [Image: CSTa7op.png]

What I am planning to do next:
A couple of asian dishes; Chow mien and other noodle recipes, Prawn crackers, Sushi, egg fried rice..
A couple of indian dishes; A base curry to which when you add other things to it like spaghetti changes its sprite such as Plain curry, Korma (mild), Green curry, Vindaloo (hot!!)
A couple of misc recipes: Stew, Skewered dish, Various sandwiches such as BLT, Tuna Melt, Garlic bread, etc. Some salsa and sour creme recipe to go with the guacamole, w/e.

Also, a small idea that would be really neat.
Allow the medicinal "herbs" have a double use aside from being in medicine. Allow it to be used as actual herbs and spices. For example
Venne would have a coriander aroma
Commol would have a cumin aroma
Not very useful on their own, but if you were to mix Venne and Commol into a base curry, well you might just get a Green curry smile

Let me know what you guys think, feedback is as always, useful. Get on the boat early and suggest something too!
Oriental Cuisine
I recommend opening the image in a new tab and viewing them properly, I can resize them, but the effort in that D:
I also expanded on the medicinal herbs doubling as spices.
Contusine = Sour aroma
Asomna = Herby aroma
Nureous = Salty aroma
Venne = Citrus aroma
Commol = Spicy aroma

Rice
Plain
[Image: 71dgdFe.png] + [Image: Microwave.png] = [Image: l1YkfX0.png]
Fried
[Image: l1YkfX0.png] + [Image: Frier.png] =[Image: Ym2lVKh.png]
Eggfried
[Image: l1YkfX0.png] + [Image: IngEgg.png] + [Image: Microwave.png] = [Image: l1YkfX0.png] (unfinished eggfried rice, probably shouldn't be eaten raw) --> [Image: Frier.png] =[Image: rBs9dxU.png]

Sauces
Soy (Either the mixer/proccessor makes milk, which ever doesn't should make soy)
[Image: Soybean.png] + [Image: Mixer.png] / [Image: Foor_Processor.png] =[Image: JNLrjrp.png] Also [Image: JNLrjrp.png] + [Image: wO7tgfz.png] = Dipping sauce
Satay (Dipping sauce)
[Image: JNLrjrp.png] + [Image: Pb.png] +[Image: wO7tgfz.png] = [Image: DL6ZToE.png]

Fish
Prawn
[Image: MK7wAhb.png]
Prawn Crackers (small sprite, about the size of a crisp!)
[Image: MK7wAhb.png] + [Image: Oven.png] =10 [Image: 61rh9Rc.png]
Sushi (any fish works, but keeps name, i.e: Tuna sushi, Prawn sushi, etc. Small Sprite!)
[Image: 71dgdFe.png] + [Image: Fish.png] + Nureous = 5 [Image: 79RqLiM.png]

Noodles
Chow mein
[Image: CSTa7op.png] + [Image: JNLrjrp.png] + [Image: IngMeat.png] + Asomna + [Image: Oven.png] = [Image: p8EyqkO.png]
Sweet and Sour
[Image: CSTa7op.png] + [Image: CondKtch.png] + [Image: IngMeat.png] + Contusine + [Image: Oven.png] = [Image: Ja16BO9.png]
Ramen
[Image: CSTa7op.png] + [Image: JNLrjrp.png] + [Image: MK7wAhb.png] + Nureous + [Image: Oven.png] = [Image: CtYwqNW.png]
Just dropping by to show my support for what magical things sundance is posting
Sundance, could you maybe sprite some of the bagel ideas I posted in the other food suggestions thread
Xenonia Wrote:Cream Cheese:
Cheese + Cream in a mixer
Scream Cheese:
Cheese + Ectoplasm in a mixer
Lox:
Fish Filet + Cream Cheese in a mixer
Hummus:
??? + Lemon + Garlic
Bagel Dough: Use a spoon on a piece of dough (Makes 4)
Bagel: 4 seconds, low, 1 Bagel Dough
Bagel with Cream Cheese: Cream Cheese + Bagel in hand
Baegelzebub: Bagel + Scream Cheese in hand
Bagel with Lox: Lox + Bagel in hand
Bagel Sandwich: Two Bagel Dough + Cheese, low, 4 seconds
Breakfast Special: Egg + Two Bagel Dough + Cheese + Raw Bacon, low, 4 seconds
Pizza Bagel: Bagel Dough + Tomato + Cheese, low, 4 seconds (Add any topping you could on a pizza)
Bagel Crisps: Knife + Bagel Dough in hand, cook for 1 second low each

To specify. Sorry for the double post
Xenonia Wrote:Sundance, could you maybe sprite some of the bagel ideas I posted in the other food suggestions thread
Can do! I'll add it to the sandwich list.
Although if I remember correctly, the ectoplasm recipes are slightly translucent and bob up and down?
Any suggestions on what "funny" Oriental meals?
I got Shiva Soup in mind, where you add various psychedelic substances to a base curry v
Sundance Wrote:So decided to do some spriting for this because I'd love some dishes that weren't purely Americanized.
I'm also surprised at the amount of base ingrediants, like eggplant and garlic, that simply has no use aside from growing

Well garlic does have a use. An excellent time saving use. When extracted garlic is great for... avoiding the need to acquire wine for certain chemical recipes.
And fighting vampires of course.