Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make Food and Drink better
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:sushi-eating too much turns your L's into R's

wow fuck off
eating too much sushi should give you parasites/make you really strong and stuff because eating consuming sushi made you good at karate
Eating too much sushi should give you cardbored samuri armor .
This might be the fastest drop from good thread to thread full of idiocy I've ever seen.

So congrats.

To get this somewhat back on subject, I like the idea of quality and ingredients affecting food quality and cook times. Anything to make it so it's possible to figure out what works best on your own instead of having to just magically figure out the precise cook time and heat for foods that may or may not follow logical ingredient lists.
here's a big dumb thing I wrote up about making all food useful, I spent 30 minutes trying to code it before getting distracted by a shiny and wandering off
http://pastebin.com/6TB1sNVW

I wrote it before the quality system came up but conceptually it doesn't seem too hard to integrate that, just needs the work of someone more competent than myself to do so
Most foods containing meat should give a slight boost to healing from brute damage, so people who eat a burger or two can heal more brute without needing medbay.

On the other hand, that killer stuff in bacon should be added in trace amounts to other meats, so while a tiny amount is perfectly ignorable, someone eating 50 burgers for a health boost will cyanide themselves.

You don't have to bring back fatness (which would be hilarious), just make eating too much meatfood kind of deadly, so someone opts for a salad once and a while.

Cakes should contain sugar if they don't already.

Actually most fatty foods should be kind of deadly if the crew member overdoes it.

On the same note, lipicide or whatever it's called should be more useful then just slowly killing you if you don't have food. e.g People should start using it to counteract burger overdose, seriously though, Weight loss shake is basically eating contest steroids.

On that same note, I think a sausage maker that can take meat-paste and turn it into long strings of sausege lengths would be funny. Either as a traitor item (e.g Sausage factory) or as a legit item.
also foods containing human meat should always have more quality than a synth/monkeymeat version of the same imho
Ive said it before, but I think that omega slurries should make a different pie than regular slurries

If they cant still, cats should be butcherable for meat

You should be able to stuff a robot arm into a butt pie for a buttbot pie
Klayboxx Wrote:Ive said it before, but I think that omega slurries should make a different pie than regular slurries

You should be able to stuff a robot arm into a butt pie for a buttbot pie
Why would you butcher a cat? cat killing is already the biggest sin in goonstation, this is just adding insult to injury.

I like the buttbot pie only if it turns your words into butt like a buttbot does.
enforcer9 Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Ive said it before, but I think that omega slurries should make a different pie than regular slurries

You should be able to stuff a robot

arm into a butt pie for a buttbot pie
Why would you butcher a cat? cat killing is already the biggest sin in goonstation, this is just adding insult to injury.

I like the buttbot pie only if it turns your words into butt like a buttbot does.

Dont get all /tg/station, mobs are just mobs (except george :,( ) they should yield unique meat that does unique things, seeing as there is only one cat on the station.
I also know of a bug that should be fixed if this is put forward, as it could be abused hardcore. If an admin asks me to post it in the bug fix section, I will - but its easily exploitable and I wouldn't want it publicly known.
PM it to me.
mozi Wrote:here's a big dumb thing I wrote up about making all food useful, I spent 30 minutes trying to code it before getting distracted by a shiny and wandering off
http://pastebin.com/6TB1sNVW

I wrote it before the quality system came up but conceptually it doesn't seem too hard to integrate that, just needs the work of someone more competent than myself to do so
I like this idea a lot!
Cogwerks Wrote:PM it to me.

Im unable to PM for whatever reason. I don't think I've ever even used the feature.
Removing the belt between botany and the kitchen is great for another reason; botanists like to send the chef 10 potatoes/stalks of wheat/oranges for every useful ingredient, and if the chef isn't dilligent (which I'm not), these stack up at the end of the belt. By halfway through any productive round, there's a doom stack of about 300 ingredients that nobody can click on without crashing their client.

One thing - slightly tangential - what are the bottles in a crate in kitchen storage for? They're small bottles like inaprovline/anti-toxin, not the larger drink-style ones.

I really like mozi's idea. I normally play chef, and have been trying to think of ways to encourage people to eat without implementing some sort of awful hunger system - I was thinking temporary buffs, but the favourite food thing strikes a perfect balance, while encouraging variety, teamwork and communication.