Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shift Goals/Mission
At the start of a shift (a round) a set of OVERALL goals is given to the Heads, relating to their department. The goals would be things such as "Completely research 10 artifacts and their properties" for Research, "Discover as many new genetic sequences as possible, focusing on the advancement of life-saving genes" for Med-Sci, "Discover new uses for [X material]" for Engineering.

These wouldn't really do much, and would mainly be for RP for an actual mission to do specific things rather than just "hey we're here lets just RP and have fun and do our jobs". 

I dunno. Bit shit but *shrug*
I'd rather just overhaul the current system to give station-wide goals that could possibly affect the next round or something
I'd much rather have a single crew-wide crew objective, announced at the start of every shift. People can ignore it if they want, or run to QM with their most valuable goodies to help meet the station's 200mil exports quota.
activate x # of artifacts
consume y bites/sips of food/drink
ending budget z credits
ensure all shuttle escapees have been genetically modified
(02-02-2017, 08:18 PM)misto Wrote: activate x # of artifacts
consume y bites/sips of food/drink
ending budget z credits
ensure all shuttle escapees have been genetically modified

with a little line for each like

"CentCom needs to learn more about the aliens located near your station, discover the effects of X alien artifacts" and maybe a little addition sometimes where you have to bring them on the shuttle?

"Thanks to our new sponsor, X, we are contractually obliged to eat/drink Y amount of Z a shift"

"NanoTrasen has wound up in debt to a dangerous (russian/alien/idk) company, and has left this station in charge of getting X credits by the end of the shift"

"Due to a rising interest in genetic research, try to ensure all crewmembers arriving at CentCom are genetically enhanced, and ready for examination"
the doctors in training back at centcomm need practice! Ensure that all crew on the escape shuttle have more than 50 brute/burn/tox damage