Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Slice Open IV Drips to Pour Contents into Beakers
Things
1. Adds new variable to "/obj/item/reagent_containers/iv_drip", "slashed"
2. Adds new attackedby proc to "/obj/item/reagent_containers/iv_drip", which alters the "slashed" variable when attacked by a scalpel
3. Adds new attackedby proc to "/obj/item/reagent_containers/glass/beaker", which allows transferring reagents from slashed IV bags to beakers.

Other Things
1. Uses var/transferred to accurately track amounts being transferred and outputting it to chat
2. Updates the IV bag's description when it's been slashed open

I'm Bad at Github
So there's two commits. Sorry.

https://github.com/CameronWoof/Cameron-G...e49bd4fa25
https://github.com/CameronWoof/Cameron-G...8f0b87eaa4
Please don't use the colon character, it's bad and can lead to runtimes
(02-02-2017, 11:35 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: Please don't use the colon character, it's bad and can lead to runtimes

For future reference, that character can be a colon OR a period, correct? I'd seen it both ways so I just chose one
(02-02-2017, 11:35 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: Please don't use the colon character, it's bad and can lead to runtimes

Except it'll only cause runtimes if the type is different from what is expected or you use a variable that you're not certain exists, which'll never happen when you use src.
If it compiles with . then it'll cause just as many runtimes as . would.

For reference, : instructs the compiler to not care if the var/proc exist on the type you're using it on.
This patch will cause a comeback for synthflesh.

I am a little disappointed that only scalpels can be used. Sure, it would make the code longer, but that isn't your problem to solve wink
Oh, this sounds amazingly useful
A++

as i say, using the colon is known in the state of california to cause colon cancer
Could you apply silicate to the IV drip to repair the gash?
(02-06-2017, 08:13 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Could you apply silicate to the IV drip to repair the gash?

i like this
why slash it open

couldnt you just drain the iv bag into the beaker
(02-06-2017, 08:44 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 08:13 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Could you apply silicate to the IV drip to repair the gash?

i like this

fill iv drip with silicate, cut it repeatedly as it fixes itself
This plus the new blood crates makes for synthflesh and carpet actually being attainable in useful quantities.
(02-12-2017, 03:01 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: This plus the new blood crates makes for synthflesh and carpet actually being attainable in useful quantities.

You can also just smoke 10 (5?)u or more of blood and then scoop it up. Can easily gather a few hundred u in no time

note that this usually terrifies new chemists
Oh god please merge this patch i want to make 900U of synthflesh without draining a monkey slowly aaaaaa