Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Head of Personnel Suggestions
maybe if id changes came with required processing fees you could at least slow things down a little
(02-01-2017, 08:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: For the record there are a few users who I played security with that went though this, There are people in IRC who agreed with me and I started that last thread not for me to complain but to bring attention to it and to have a outlet for other players to talk about crimes they see go unpunished. This is the first time anyone has every said I am having a kneejerk reaction to anything and it's quite hilarious. My threads speak for themselves and your welcome to go though everyone of them to see that. Again I waited two weeks as I played nearly every day during peak and late night hours as I watched this happen before saying something. I wanted to see if it kept happening and it did so I said something.

I don't like to name names but babyetu83 is one of the people who I've noticed raid security at least two of those times but if he's going to pretty much say I'm lying about the situations I've been witnessing I am going to retell my experiences with him I had in the recent days.

i can definitely tell you that you're lying about me raiding the brig. i had first went there to observe the status of one Alistair MacDougal, who had been severely beaten by either you or one of the officers present. i had seen him earlier before entering the brig and he was in pristine condition. after leaving i came back a second time after hearing explosions and flashbangs going off from the brig to see if any of the officers or alastair had suffered any injuries, where i was arrested. and then i suicided out of frustration. 

next, later that night, i tased you and stole your hat and then ran into the crusher after i was betrayed by reset who i attempted to bribe and hire them to tase people and fart on people while disguised as me. 

i'm not really sure how you could conflate the two of those as "raiding security" or "raiding the brig".
One Alistair was never hurt when you are the others ran in he was only beaten with two kicks once I got permission from a admin to do what I wanted with him cause he would not stop fucking with us and you never said a word as you ran in with him and one other person. We asked all of you to leave and you and him refused to. You ran up towards the top of security and one of my officers followed you. Another officer helped me deal with Alistair who constantly kept running in security and would not stop fucking with us. I ended up adminhelping that. I was also nice enough to clone you after you were complete shit and even suicided after getting handcuffed when I tend just to space the bodies of salty cry babies who suicide on arrest. Also for the record we were never planning to arrest any of you. WE JUST WANTED YOU OUT. But again you never said a word and you never appeared to acknowledge our constant pleads for you to leave.

Because of you Two we lost the lead on the changeling and a good number of the station died. Reminder it took 30 minutes to deal with you, Alistair and the other person with blue hair that ran in and fucked with us as we were going though prints for suspects of the changeling. By time it was all over the changeling changed identities and we lost it.

Also thanks for derailing this thread with that kneejerk comment I won't be shocked if we get banned or the thread gets closed now. If you wish to keep this going I can be found in the IRC or you can PM here. Or you can make a thread defending yourself in the general discussion board and we can debate there. Either way we can't keep this discussion going on in this thread.
(02-01-2017, 08:40 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: One Alistair was never hurt when you are the others ran in he was only beaten with two kicks once I got permission from a admin to do what I wanted with him cause he would not stop fucking with us and you never said a word as you ran in with him and one other people. We asked all of you to leave and you and Him refused to. You ran up towards the top of security and one of my officers followed you. Another officer helped me deal with Alistair who constantly kept running in security and would not stop fucking with us. I ended up adminhelping that. I was also nice enough to clone you after you were complete shit and even suicided after getting handcuffed when I tend just to space the bodies of salty cry babies who suicide on arrest. Also for the record we were never planning to arrest any of you. WE JUST WANTED YOU OUT. But again you never said a word and you never appeared to acknowledge our constant pleads for you to leave.

Because of you Two we lost the lead on the changeling and a good number of the station died. Reminder it took 30 minutes to deal with you, Alistair and the other person with blue hair that ran in and fucked with us as we were going though prints for suspects of the changeling. By time it was all over the changeling changed identities and we lost it.

he was severely beaten when i entered the brig for the first time. i know this because i examined him with my prodoc goggles. there were no constant pleas. i was wordlessly stunned the first time and afterwards i left, and the second time i was just stunned and cuffed without a word.

edit: i had this post opened for about 40 minutes and did not see the above post.
(02-01-2017, 08:28 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Only ready the initial post for now:

- The HoP is basically the mini-captain; we don't need a mini-captain. HoP is a useless job and ditching it would do nothing but piss off a bunch of nerds who want the access and lack of responsibilities. Then we'd start complaining about the captain giving out all access, though. Also, 'tradition'. Bleh.

- Only allow the HoS ID to give Sec access. This lowers the ability of the station to fight a little, but also counters the lazy powergamer's routine. It also makes sense IC.

- Only allow department head IDs to give out access to their department. Captain could give out access to anything. Except perhaps security.

- Merely taking off the option to allow access to the ID computer would help tons.

-
Admins need to figure out what is bad and what isn't. To me mass-AAIDs are worse than greytiding, because it always devolves into greytiding with all access. You guys already cracked down on greytiding, so to me it's a natrual extension.

1. HoPs position as a "mini-captain" frees up the actual Captain so they're not overburdened. I'm against the removal for that reason.
  2. I'm fine with HoP not having access to Sec, but just the HoS being able to give it out could mean you'd have no security at all. Captain should retain the right to give it Sec access
  3. I have mixed feelings about this. It would let head control their departments more, but would also mean they'd have to deal with being pestered about acces
(02-01-2017, 09:12 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 08:40 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: One Alistair was never hurt when you are the others ran in he was only beaten with two kicks once I got permission from a admin to do what I wanted with him cause he would not stop fucking with us and you never said a word as you ran in with him and one other people. We asked all of you to leave and you and Him refused to. You ran up towards the top of security and one of my officers followed you. Another officer helped me deal with Alistair who constantly kept running in security and would not stop fucking with us. I ended up adminhelping that. I was also nice enough to clone you after you were complete shit and even suicided after getting handcuffed when I tend just to space the bodies of salty cry babies who suicide on arrest. Also for the record we were never planning to arrest any of you. WE JUST WANTED YOU OUT. But again you never said a word and you never appeared to acknowledge our constant pleads for you to leave.

he was severely beaten when i entered the brig for the first time. i know this because i examined him with my prodoc goggles. there were no constant pleas. i was wordlessly stunned the first time and afterwards i left, and the second time i was just stunned and cuffed without a word.

I know for a fact he was only beaten the third time he ran in and fucked with us if he was hurt before hand that it was not by me or my officers. That's when I got the PM from a Admin to do what I wanted with him. You were handcuffed the first time you walked in and suicided instantly from what my officer told me and frankly I believe him over you. I and Justin Dugger told both of you to just leave before it got ugly. Something the admin told me to do which after telling you and him and whoever else. I broadcasted over the announcement computer for all to see.

EDIT: After it was all said and done and I flushed Alistair I went down to disposals and rescued him cause he said he was sorry. Whatever happened to him after that I have no clue.
If anything should be taken from this thread, it's that remote ID access changes would be a good idea.
Or instead of being able to remotely change IDs, do that with access implants
Remote ID changes, remove access to sec areas for HoP because they're fucking HR for gods sakes not security

or we could just replace the HoP with a note that says "out to lunch in space"
I'd like to point out that at least half the time when the crew is running around with all-access, it's not specifically because the HOP is tossing them out like candy. It's usually because some random assistant/monkey/clown stole the cap's spare/mugged the HOP at roundstart/looted their dead body, then tossed out cap IDs to whoever they thought it would be funny to give it to. Basically, it's only specifically the HOP's fault about half the time or less.

I guess this is a point in favour of restricting the ID computer, though I think you'll run into the same issues regardless - the same bad apples will just switch to mugging whoever's ID grants them the most power at roundstart.
Frank (Quotes be fucked up, yo)
"HoPs position as a "mini-captain" frees up the actual Captain so they're not overburdened. I'm against the removal for that reason."

Cackling Aloud With Gusto Pffft... AHAHAHAHA AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Hooo HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AaaaaHAHAHAHAAA Hooooo...

Ahh, good joke, Frank. The Captain, having a job, that isn't getting drunk, getting killed, uploading godawful AI laws, or getting in the way because they want things for themselves. I don't think I can count the times I thought 'Awesome! The Captain is here!' on my hand, because I can't remember one time where I did.

Granted this is more of a belief than a suggestion. I didn't ACTUALLY think we'd get rid of the HoP. My ideal would be for the HoP to be limited to the civilian sector. You can't have that with them being 'the ID job'.

"I'm fine with HoP not having access to Sec, but just the HoS being able to give it out could mean you'd have no security at all. Captain should retain the right to give it Sec access"

The fact that no security signed up means you have no security at all. Security is special. I think it should be harder to get sec access and that red stripe. Same thing with tasers, because honestly I'm tired of seeing the HoP run around with 3 of them.

"I have mixed feelings about this. It would let head control their departments more, but would also mean they'd have to deal with being pestered about access"

I don't mind giving heads more responsibilities; they hardly have any as it is. Most people just see them as 'x job with more loot and higher access'. Each one could get their own id computer. The captain and his two IDs are still always around somewhere, so it's not that much different.

Only problem I have with remote ID alteration is the situation where somebody remotely gives everyone AAIDs or removes access from everyone's ids.
(02-01-2017, 09:26 PM)Maegor Wrote: Or instead of being able to remotely change IDs, do that with access implants

Good idea. Just have a list of who the current implants are in and click their names to edit the access for that implant.
Honestly, my run in with Alastair as MD was when we were all being PDA bombed, and he kept being super obnoxious about locking down the bridge and hitting us with his arm. I just left the bridge to go give medical care once I was done checking on people in the bridge. Otherwise, I've - really seen worse.
(02-01-2017, 01:51 PM)ErikHanson Wrote: All of these suggestions are terrible, just leave the role as-is and get rid of the terrible players instead of taking a shit over players who actually play the role and do fun gimmicks

It might be a good thing to add some sort of a logging system to the console that logs all ID changes so it can be reviewed by otherrs
ErikHanson Wrote:
ErikHanson Wrote:All of these suggestions are terrible, just leave the role as-is and get rid of the terrible players instead of taking a shit over players who actually play the role and do fun gimmicks

It might be a good thing to add some sort of a logging system to the console that logs all ID changes so it can be reviewed by otherrs

I originally wrote a big effort post with a PDA messaging system that would alert heads, but it got convoluted and I ended up deleting it as it seemed like it would be a pain in the ass to code but also seemed a bit unbalanced (eg: A Traitor got his hands on the ID computer and wanted to upgrade his ID would be alerted to his actions)

A logging system seems like a much better thing as it allows for some detective work without throwing security/whoever everything they need to know, while not being convoluted at all.

Example of an ID log would be:

Firstname Lastname (Scientist) has been approved for access modification by Heado Personelli (Head of Personnel) His new role is Medical Scientist
Access: +Medbay +Medbay Equipment +Pathology +Maintenance -Toxins