HoS Application: Conor12
Usual Character Name: Conor The Doomed
BYOND Username: Conor12
Recommended by (if applicable): NitrousPG was bugging me to apply at some point.
Times Available: 5pm to 11pm (GMT) All days

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): I've been playing for over a year and a half and I am a mentor now. I hope that I have done enough to make people think I deserve this.

I've been playing for long enough to know that being a Head of Security is something I would enjoy. It would make it easier to talk to security officers, while at the same time I know I would have to deal with the occasional punch/fart in the face that you get simply for being the Head of Security. It is a reward for good players after all, you get more respect from other players and you can help them much more.

Also, this is a pretty chaotic game, you never know what could happen to you, and the Head of Security can be one of the few folks who keeps a calm head and try and set a good example for other officers dealing with abnormal events. (Oh god zombies everywhere, what happened to my HUD?). Most of the rounds I play in don't have a Head of Security and it would be nice to open up the armoury for the crew when they need it and let them try and fight the nuke team or an army of drones.

I also know that the Head of Security is not some immortal, god-like officer who can dual wield tasers and arrest everyone and kill everything. I'll play the game the same way I would if I was a regular officer, I'll be helping out the crew, sitting on my ass staring through cameras, or getting eaten by the changeling immediately.

There is a nice amount of familiar players who have applied successfully, I have to catch up with them! And I'm sure they want to steal my hat and shoes.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I didn't want to play as a security officer when I first joined, the wiki had given me the impression that it was easy to be a terrible security officer and I wanted to spend my first few months in the game without getting a bad reputation, without any job-bans. One round forced me into the job and I managed to arrest one antagonist without the crew screaming at me. But I know I'm not the best at fighting, so I've learned how to help the security force and crew in my own way. I like to stay with other security officers and try to keep the security channel chatty. I try to respond swiftly to any cry of ''HELP--BLAARGH!'' and many times I have found myself being the doctor to the security force.

For monthes I spent time playing only as the detective, using all the tools provided to try and identify murderers. Then I started playing as the captain often, and generally had fun lasering man-eaters, e-magged bots and nuke teams. I never bucklecuff anyone, and I am generally very uncomfortable with anyone being bucklecuffed. I have seen officers bucklecuff people for very minor crimes and have had to taser them in the back of the head and tell them off. I nearly never use a stun baton, a lot of players (including me) have had bad experiences with officers with stun batons. I prefer using flashes.

I know that when being a security officer, you have to take everything lightly. People get mad when they're arrested, innocent or guilty. It helps a lot when they know the officer is smart, nice, and isn't trying to antagonize them. You should know when to step in when other officers are crossing the line. You should know that mistakes are made by anyone. You can help stop accidents from escalating into petty fights.

And a vast amount of my security experience is being killed.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): Well, it doesn't take long for people to smash down the windows and attempt to escape with a segway. At least the main security room links well to all the other areas of security. I miss the simple timer cells.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): The Shrek puns are ogreused.
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
I don't see you a lot when you are on g4, but when I do, you do an amazing job doing whatever it is your position entails. That is not to say you always live to tell the tale, but man, you are a very collected individual. The reason I applied was to better myself and follow in the footsteps of players like you. smile

I am giving you a yes. Give this man the beret so that I can steal it from him! It's what he deserves!
I've played quite a damn few times with Conor over the period of my own application for the beret, and I can certainly say he's more than capable of the role. Honestly I always assumed he already had it, so seeing this thread convinces me a great travesty must be undone! Conor for HoS 2013. Full endorsement from me.
I don't often see you playing as sec/detective when I'm on. What I have seen of you you can be annoying sometimes(who isn't), but a good player others, which is fine. If you're already a mentor I wouldn't object to seeing you as HoS.

Sure from me.
this guy is pretty good I say yes
One of the players I recognize and see as a good player. yes, this man is good at security and I'm sure will make a good Hos, good luck on your application, sir.
Conor's altogether a p cool dude, yes please.
Conor is pretty cool and seems pretty good at sec and detective, yes.
Yeah he's a good guy, yes from me.
A total goof who deserves to be knocked out in one punch and summarily robbed of his beret.

In conclusion, absolutely yes!
Been a good spacefriend of mine for a long time, and one of the few people who has never been shitty, in my book anyway. A big yes from me
A good player, never once seen him being shit. He will wear the hat with honour.
Last yell for approval
I can't remember if it was conor who pda'd me asking if he'd make hos material. I don't think my answer was sufficient, I think I told him to play some sec with me sometime as my memory is shady, but looking at
Hard Boiled Wrote:I don't see you a lot when you are on g4, but when I do, you do an amazing job doing whatever it is your position entails.

which is something I can most definitely agree on.
Yes from me
Uh oh. Application is closing soon. I think you have the wrong guy there, Sundance.

Thanks for the support so far!
Conor12 Wrote:Uh oh. Application is closing soon. I think you have the wrong guy there, Sundance.

Thanks for the support so far!
Some mentor pda'd me asking if he was hos material and it wasn't you? Man I need to double does my omega-3's
Anyway my support still stands!