Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability to knock on doors
We should be able to knock on doors, just like we can knock on windows.

Clicking on the door is already taken for opening / maint - so I would suggest Shift-Click to knock . For borgs shift-click would still be bolt down since robots have no arms hands to knock with

This way the roboticist will finally answer their door! A beaming sun
I'd like this, especially for bathroom stalls on LLJK1. Also, borgs have arms. Just not hands.
some kind of soft tone doorbell button might be better for some departments
Geneticists? Answer to a knock?
Cackling Aloud With Gusto

Only if said doorbell cut off power to their consoles. Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

Anyways, this is what I use the department messaging system for. Being able to message entire departments is very underutilized. I could see how this could be useful, but I'd probably run it into the ground by leaving people flaming bags of compost.
good idea sov

also different intents should yield in a different knock. help is you average rapping of your knuckles against the door to knock but harm should be angrily banging the door

disarm/grab should be shave and a haircut
If you are holding a person in an aggressive grab, then click a door, slam them against it repeatedly, playing the slam noise as if you knocked with harm intent.

For when you don't wanna get your hands dirty on that filthy door
Add the ability to eavesdrop from behind closed doors
(02-01-2017, 02:24 AM)poland spring Wrote: Add the ability to eavesdrop from behind closed doors

Use an empty drinking glass on the door