Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Security Crackdown Community Edition
As someone who'd gravitate towards sec, I suppose I've almost always been soft handed when it comes to crime. I prefer to extract salt from a player than to say, summary execution. I try to kind of put across to a player that they more they struggle, the more they waste their own time.
Following that line I don't agree with the whole idea that you should include the processsing in terms of brig time if the player is actively trying to get away. Resisting arrest around me will only make me INCREASE the timer. Well done clown, your 1 minute sentence is now 5. Buckle up, buckaroo.

I wouldn't really kill a player if they attempted to kill me, unless it was absolutely clear they were trying to kill me. I will chase that player down if I am cloned and give him no mercy. Although, it probably wouldn't revolve around murder. Removing both their arms and attaching shackles? More my style. Again, whichever causes them to expell as much salt is my preferred course of action, rather than the "common" justice. This would of course be toned down on #1, but for minor crimes that angle of "annoyance" over "justice" still would linger.

Cracking down on people who mess with the AI, that's also a big one. That compromises SO much security, you cannot operate a brig if there's a rogue ai.

One particular thing of note is "supercopping" which is really all down to dialogue, equipment and robustness. A robust cop probably doesn't need much equipment and is always ready to open a conversation, to show that you are an ear aswell as a fist, if you excuse the shit metaphor. I think a supercop is someone who, isn't particulary robust, has little to no dialogue but uses an assload of upgrades (robotics, implants, guns, genetics, chemistry, etc) to basically overpower opposition.
There's nothing wrong with upgrading your arsenal (especially if you are the lone secoff/hos) but if you're not ready to talk, then you might be labelled as a supercop. Of course there gets to a stage where, dialogue breaks down, but I think you get my drift.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Security Crackdown Community Edition - by Sundance - 01-31-2017, 04:52 AM