Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Security Crackdown Community Edition
Yeah had no idea what happened to you after you did your time. I put you in the easiest cell to escape from on purpose (cause I am far too nice for my own good) so I was surprised to see that you did your time.

For me when it comes to trespassing, breaking in and raiding security. I deal with it and give three warnings. Then I start to give a very severe beating followed with me adminhelping why I am beating this person close to death. I won't kill them but after that they are either going to stop or they will come back. To which I adminhelp again letting them know it's still going on and that I may kill them or take their limbs or something. Plus with Grayshift's request that we start being harder on people who trespass and break in this is how I am going to go about it for the foreseeable future.
I admit there are times when I fuck with sec (tresspassing, shoving, ic insults) officers with the intentions of getting arrested or beat up or whatever. I keep it to secoffs I know and times that seem slow.

Question is, is that bad? Overly disruptive? I always figured it was fun for both sides.

The only sec I'm particularly hard on are the ones who respond to 'Don't run around with your baton/taser out' with 'fuk u i do wat i want'. Some lessons are harder learned.

[I know OOT again, but I'm curious and I have all of the sec guys here. Sorry.]
(02-06-2017, 09:43 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Question is, is that bad? Overly disruptive? I always figured it was fun for both sides.

Speaking for myself here. It's fun for awhile but some people don't take a hint that enough is enough. People can get carried away and refuse to stop after I ask or arrest them for it. At some point good'ol fun after 15 minutes turns into annoyance and makes it near impossible for me to do my job (assuming I am by myself which I tend to be as security) and that's when harsh punishment starts getting dealt out.

The time I spend dealing with Asshats results in a lot of deaths I've may have been able to stop from happening in some rounds. If your doing it when nothing is happening and stop the moment a event on the station occurs then I got no issue with it then. But people like that are a dime a dozen.

(02-06-2017, 09:43 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: The only sec I'm particularly hard on are the ones who respond to 'Don't run around with your baton/taser out' with 'fuk u i do wat i want'. Some lessons are harder learned.

I'm fine with this. Security Officers that do this are clearly new to the job and perhaps the game so having someone disarm a foolish officer who runs around with his baton and taser is a learning experience for them. Though they tend to heed my warnings if I explain why it's not a good idea to run around with them out.
My take on it: If you don't steal anything and stop after the first arrest, it's fine.
Vitatroll Wrote:I admit there are times when I fuck with sec (tresspassing, shoving, ic insults) officers with the intentions of getting arrested or beat up or whatever. I keep it to secoffs I know and times that seem slow.

Question is, is that bad? Overly disruptive? I always figured it was fun for both sides.

The only sec I'm particularly hard on are the ones who respond to 'Don't run around with your baton/taser out' with 'fuk u i do wat i want'. Some lessons are harder learned.

[I know OOT again, but I'm curious and I have all of the sec guys here. Sorry.]

I'll be honest, security would feel rather boring if there wasn't someone being some form of a jerk, and yes I do enjoy the odd scuffle, but be mindful if the officer has his gun drawn for a specific reason and/or is running or sprinting to a fight. Running after him and trying to fart tag is not cool then, because your literally preventing them from doing their job.
Otherwise I personally have no issue with minor grief. Your post seems to imply that you have a limit, and for that reason would be the least of sec worries.
Yeah if I'm a useless jerkoff (read: staff assistant) in a round I might be tempted to harass sec but if something actually important is happening I'll either stay out of it or try to help sec out in any way that is not "steal their gear and do their job for them". This usually translates into screaming a bunch, flailing, yelling on a radio and pulling downed sec members away from the person or thing trying to kill them.

Deliberately fucking with sec and chasing after them when they clearly have bigger problems is close to or outright antagonist behaviour, in my opinion. It's the kind of shit I and others have done while an antagonist specifically because it means sec has to split their focus. There's a fine line between being an asshole and pushing over into antagonist-behaviour-while-not-antag territory.