Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Projectiles-Flashlights Lag
Each time someone fires a taser/laser/any projectile that emits light OR has a turned on flashlight in the hallway (lots of other static lights) my ping suddenly goes up to canbomb levels, screen freezes, and i get tased. This is a pretty old issue, i had it all the way from when i started playing SS13 - mid summer 2016 if thats going to help. So far im the only one who has serious lag with projectiles lighting/people running around with flashlights. Help?
I used to get lots of lag from light sources too, especially if I was moving with one, like holding a flashlight. Mine fixed itself when I think Wire made the servers stop crashing from lag, I think your's might just be your side
If it's just you then uhhh I guess try updating your graphics drivers and stuff?
(01-30-2017, 01:45 PM)Wire Wrote: If it's just you then uhhh I guess try updating your graphics drivers and stuff?

Updated, didnt helped. If the lightning effect is on a no-light zone (airbridges, arrivals shuttle) it doesnt lags.

EDIT: Its not the video card, i believe. I installed the old one Intel® HD Graphics 4400 instead of my AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series and the lag is still there. Its even worse actially. Send help v
I remember there was another server running Gooncode before, non-official one, i had zero lightning lag there, through the shuttle EVA time got stuck and it never arrived.
(02-06-2017, 01:36 AM)Atlz90 Wrote: I remember there was another server running Gooncode before, non-official one, i had zero lightning lag there, through the shuttle EVA time got stuck and it never arrived.

Well, we do use an updated version of lights past what we originally released.
Is there anything i can help with to help you understand where is that lag coming from? DirectX version? Byond version? Eh, i dont know.
I use integrated graphics, Intel HD 4000 and don't get the kind of lag you're talking about, this is odd
Monitor isnt the problem as well. Is there anything else left that i can do?
/tg/ updated their lightning system to /vg/ one and now i have problems there as well, though its the static lightning. Can it be simply my GPU? I got AMD Radeon HD 6800.
Here is the thread about /tg/ new lights, i thought that it might help.
I'm running a 6600m with drivers from 2012 on my laptop, and that's on top of windows 10 which I have no business running but I wanted the key and was too lazy to roll it back within a month.

I shouldn't even be able to run IE, but SS13 works well enough.
Necro Thread. I actually bugged Wire about this in the IRC channel. Turns out I found out what was causing it, it's not connection, it's lights.

Flashlights and other moving light sources cause something extremely similar to high latency. In some cases it even says my ping is ~4000ms when that's just not true.

Luckily a helpful clown told me to turn off my PDA light and flashlight, and that helped enormously. But any other mobile light source causes horrendous lag too.

I use a GTX 970 and an i7 on Win10. It just started about a week ago.

Goonlighting please