Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Surgery thread
I can't find the old threads but people had cool ideas about organs and stuff.  

My idea is: if you cut someone's chest open you should be able to put small objects in there or even lose them accidentally.  So someone could REALLY botch a heart transplant and lose their scalpel inside their patient, or Joe traitorson could hide bombs in his mind slaves in case they turned on him later or on a staff assistant with a helmet cam being ordered to steal the captains hat on threat of explosion

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense I'm really high
One thing I don't get is why don't we just use a menu prompt for surgery

Cut a person open and then get a list of whats inside them (organs, implants, shrapnel) so you can pick what you want to remove. While they're open you could also stuff things inside.

Then sew em up when you're done.
you should be able to cut off people's arms and legs with knife and fork. you can cut out their brains, heads, eyes, heart and butt but not arms and legs...

also i like the idea of tools getting forgotten/left inside people. should happen if you self-surgery and are drunk. ss13 becomes more true to life by the day
(01-30-2017, 02:13 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: One thing I don't get is why don't we just use a menu prompt for surgery

Cut a person open and then get a list of whats inside them (organs, implants, shrapnel) so you can pick what you want to remove. While they're open you could also stuff things inside.

Then sew em up when you're done.

the hidden inventory

ideally surgery could evolve into a cute minigame like genetics gets, but you cant really replicate the challenge of classic game "operation" with a mouse and keyboard
(01-30-2017, 02:20 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: you should be able to cut off people's arms and legs with knife and fork. you can cut out their brains, heads, eyes, heart and butt but not arms and legs...

Knife and pizza cutter for limbs. aardvarko
(01-30-2017, 02:20 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: you should be able to cut off people's arms and legs with knife and fork. you can cut out their brains, heads, eyes, heart and butt but not arms and legs...

That's been bothering me for a while. I think it's just an oversight, because I can't think of why it would cause game imbalance.
I'd love having a little menu to do surgery. Some things, of course, wouldn't have a menu (I.E limb and eye surgery and the head/skull/brain surgeries can still use intent) but the chest would, and you'd have all your fleshy bits and organs actually ingame, rather than just the heart and butt. Well, most fleshy bits.

Possible organ list:
Heart
Butt
Lung x2
Stomach
Kidney x2
Liver
Pancreas

Each would serve a purpose of course, though it may be a nightmare to code. Dunno. For example, your pancreas would prevent you from having type 1 diabetes which WILL kill you eventually (it'll make you starve much faster on LLJK1 or just do escalating TOX damage if motives are disabled) Also, missing a kidney or two and your liver will make you die from escalating TOX damage. Drinking too much booze will cause liver failure.

Ooh organ failure... Agh, so many complex ideas that'll probably never be added.

But yeah, I like having the idea of a pop-up menu for surgery.
Brain - Contains linkage to ethereal conciousness. Very very important!
Heart - Reagent holder and critical health mediation. Also very important!
Right Lung - Encodes patient scream sound. Causes losebreath if absent/damaged.
Left Lung - Encodes patient burp sound. Causes losebreath if absent/damaged.
Stomach - Encodes patient vomit colour. Required for eating and drinking.
Intestine - Encodes patient fart sound. Required for farting. Critical importance.
Liver - Encodes patient addictions. Causes toxin damage if absent/damaged.
Right Kidney - Increases blood pressure if too low. If removed, salt overdose threshold = 10.
Left Kidney - Decreases blood pressure if too high. Required to urinate.
Haven't there been like... 20 threads on organs and robo-organs?

Or maybe it was just robo-organs.

If I remember correctly though, Haine is working on an organ re-write to make everything more sane, and include more organs. So, some of this stuff is likely coming, just eventually.
Teeth - 12 molars, 8 premolars, 8 incisors, 4 canines, 32 in total
Add pliers to medbay, use pliers on skulls/patients/victims to remove teeth. Toothbrushes and toothpaste in medicine cabinets. Vampires get sharp teeth, syndicate operatives get a cyanide tooth. Punching has a chance to knock a tooth out, doubled if using boxing gloves, tripled if wearing horseshoe gloves or concussive gauntlets.
I like extra organs for more chef/traderfodder options, but I'm honestly not so sure about them doing anything. It's already hard enough to get somebody else to staple an arm on without accidentally cutting off your head.
(01-30-2017, 04:43 PM)Grek Wrote: Brain - Contains linkage to ethereal conciousness. Very very important!
Intestine - Encodes patient fart sound. Required for farting. Critical importance.
Right Kidney - Increases blood pressure if too low. If removed, salt overdose threshold = 10.

If each organ is given special roles in the body I think we would also want more ways for them to fail. Otherwise most traitors would just debrain. Having toxic chems have a chance at organ failure could be cool though - assuming doctors have a method of obtaining replacements like from monkeys, synths, or robot parts
(01-30-2017, 04:43 PM)Grek Wrote: Brain - Contains linkage to ethereal conciousness. Very very important!

i like this idea

you should be able to get cyber versions and also have ghetto versions

like you could replace your lungs with some trashbags
liver should also play a role in chem depletion rates from your body, is that not its most famous function

development of organs systems are exciting. opens up new possibilities for combat, traps, assassinations, medicine, new possibilities for organ-specific mutations and cyber augments. for a system that will be mostly invisible except when we are slaughtered or exploded, it will have immense effects
It would be great for RP