Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden items don't appear on emagged machines
Emagging a machine (fabricator, vending, etc.) does not reveal their hidden items - you still have to hack it for those.

Especially annoying if you were trying to order the special crate from QM, cause there's no other way to get it to show up.
I have been rooting around in vending.dm (code for all vending machines), and there was no indication in that Emagging it should reveal hidden items.
The code does indicate that it should cut off the ID restrictions, like those on the Medical Vendors in Medbay.

So, I'd say, not a bug.
Could be a very good feature request though.
It's been a feature until very recently - did I not mention the crate that can specifically only be ordered by emagging the QM console? Please don't go claiming features on behalf of the admin team.
I wouldn't know, I rarely use the Emag ingame.
I do know, is that the v510 (the march public release) makes no mention of the Emag unlocking hidden items in vending machine (never looked at Fabricators) and that the wiki changelog makes no mention of this being changed. It could be a documentation fault, or a deliberate choice not to put Emag options in the wiki, but that is not for me to know.

And as long as we are being pedantic, the Administrators organize the rounds, they do not write the code. That would be the coders.
Unless of course the Administrator is also a coder, in which case he could do that.

Back on topic, you mention the QM console. Did you note this problem specifically with it, or with fabricator or Vending machines, or any combination of the above, and that this was changed from your previous experience? Each of them is handled by different code (and I've only looking at 1 of them) and we should specify which one (or indeed all of them) are broken.
Unable to reproduce bug with QM console.

The Grim Sleeper is correct, emagging has never revealed the hidden products contained within.

(01-27-2017, 11:43 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: And as long as we are being pedantic, the Administrators organize the rounds, they do not write the code. That would be the coders.
Unless of course the Administrator is also a coder, in which case he could do that.

All coders are administrators, not all administrators are coders. Heck, there is a staff button on the wiki so you can explore!
From my own experience in the past, E-magging the QM console used to and is supposed to reveal additional goodies in the past.

It's even listed on the wiki, under the items you can order (special ops crate, scroll down).
https://wiki.ss13.co/Quartermaster#Items_you_can_order

I'm going to guess that it may have been borked when new purchaseable crates were added.

edit : not sure if zewaka means that there's no problem getting the ops crate via emagging.
(01-29-2017, 07:54 PM)Zafhset Wrote: edit : not sure if zewaka means that there's no problem getting the ops crate via emagging.

that's exactly what I mean.

heck it's like the 2nd thing on the menu, right after empty crate