Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More pod items/customization
What if when you blow up a pod, instead of just getting a 3x3 square of scrap and shrapnel, you also have a chance of getting one of the pod's pieces, like say, the sensor system, or whatever weapon it had installed?

Also, instead of whatever crates in the pod's bay going down with the ship, what if they get ejected with a chance of having some scrap and/or ash instead of the enormous pile of omega weed it was holding?
Life support upgrades with things like "Fire Extinguisher upgrade" or something. Wouldn't put your pod out, but would keep YOU from being lit on fire while in it. or something. Energy intensive.

Hull-repair nanite upgrade or something. Regenerates .03333% hull a second for every free energy not currently used by the pod. (so like, 75 free energy would be 2.5% hull repaired per second.
What about being able to replace the fuel/air tanks with other things? Fuel your pod with pure Oxygen, and it's slow as fuck, but won't explode. Put on internals and replace your Life Support with Nitrogen, to prevent you from catching on fire, etc.
That'd first require the air and fueltanks to actually be used by the pod. So far it seems they're there for show only.

It's odd, because I remember right when the pod hangar was opened I would grab one and tool about, only for a few minutes later to find out that I was going slow as hell and trailing sparks instead of ions. I guess that's what happens when you run out of gas? confused
could the cargo bay be set to accept a few additional types of things

for miners, being able to use it to transport mining rigs/mineral accumulators would be rad
for scavengers, being able to transport lockers would be cool
and for helpful folks, being able to pick up dead spacemen for recovery would be nice
mozi Wrote:could the cargo bay be set to accept a few additional types of things

for miners, being able to use it to transport mining rigs/mineral accumulators would be rad
for scavengers, being able to transport lockers would be cool
and for helpful folks, being able to pick up dead spacemen for recovery would be nice

Or, more importantly, more room for those other three friends that didn't call shotgun. v
I've mentioned in the mining thread about the extractors being annoying to use. What if instead of adding a bunch of things for the cargohold to accept, we simply allow lockers to be cargohold'd, andas for the rest of them, let them be shoved into crate to drag around.

Miners can drop ore extraction crates, set them up, and leave the crate there to be filled when the extractor's hopper is full, QMs can raid the secret martian grow op in space and not waste cash buying a hydro crate because they cant shove the plant pots in crate to drag back(why the hell does this happen? They START in a crate when you buy them, for crying out loud).