Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WASD Error Noise
This is gone on for about two weeks for me: When in WASD mode, the WASD and shift keys will randomly cause my computer to produce the windows 10 error noise. Obviously, I'm using windows 10.

It doesn't affect gameplay in any way what-so-ever, but it's slowly driving me insane.
(01-26-2017, 06:14 PM)Mageziya Wrote: This is gone on for about two weeks for me: When in WASD mode, the WASD and shift keys will randomly cause my computer to produce the windows 10 error noise. Obviously, I'm using windows 10.

It doesn't affect gameplay in any way what-so-ever, but it's slowly driving me insane.

I've got the same thing. I just muted my systems sounds for now though and I had figured it was just something I'd have to fix later
This happens to me on Windows 7. Not so much after admins in IRC told me to downgrade the beta build of byond to 511.1637 but it still happens from time to time.
(01-26-2017, 09:35 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Downgrade the beta build of byond to 511.1637

That's how you fix it. There should be absolutely 0 problems if you downgrade, if it beeps more it's probably some other program or stickykeys.
Is this fixed with the beta build of 511.1370?

Just tested it out and it does not get rid of this issue.
Worth noting that the bug happens relatively rarely and shouldn't actually affect your game.
Addendum to the above: it happens reliably if you hold down any hotkey in WASD mode (like...w to move), so it's hardly rare you goddamn potato.
(02-02-2017, 02:25 PM)Wire Wrote: Addendum to the above: it happens reliably if you hold down any hotkey in WASD mode (like...w to move), so it's hardly rare you goddamn potato.

Seconding this. It's made me have to use arrow keys, like some sort of plebeian.
Pending a fix
FIXED GUH HUGH HFUFU NMIDOAH @*$&)(& ANL<NZ<MDN