Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Raccoons!
There's a wild raccoon on the station! It lives in one of the disposal chutes, but exactly which one changes each round. It holds on to things put in the disposal chute and eats food. Sometimes if you walk past the one it's in it'll drag you inside and grab the things you were holding. If you eject it from the chute it runs away! And of course, its tiny powerful hands have evolved in space to grip the inside of the chute, which means it cannot be flushed.
racoon hunt new game mode. the deadliest antag yet. may be rabid
(01-25-2017, 11:25 AM)locusts Wrote: it cannot be flushed.

frown
I vote yes on raccoon. I like that birds pick up and toy with things, but adding a crafty thieving trash-panda that actively covets random trash would be a great little surprise and situation shaker. It'd absolutely have to only be the one, though. More than one would could get incredibly frustrating, because I can already see this turning into the sort of thing that organises lynch mobs to remove.

Maybe it should also, if there's nothing in the area around its chute and it's out of supply, clamber around the pipe networks, leading to some interesting experiences if it gets swept up with a pipe load. Suddenly, that innocuous shipment of medical herbs to medbay now also contains a stunned but frantic raccoon scrambling to get back into the piping.

If someone provides sprites I'll slot it into my coding todo pile, which is looking less like a pile and more like an unclimbable mountain.
Wait, disposal chutes or mail chutes? If it pulls you in a mail chute it can be abused to go anywhere.
I am making sprites but my internet died so it may be a bit
(01-25-2017, 09:05 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Wait, disposal chutes or mail chutes? If it pulls you in a mail chute it can be abused to go anywhere.

If it's in a mail chute it pulls your items but not you
A coon.
[Image: j4i9gdh.png]

A coon in a chute.
[Image: k4rr5ia.png]

Attached Files
.dmi   raccoon.dmi (Size: 863 bytes / Downloads: 343)
I wanna see an animated gif of the chute coon wiggling it's arms.

Also if you somehow kill this thing you ought to be able to wear it's pelt as a hat, Davy Crockett style
but if we have raccoons we gotta have coonskin caps

I can see them stealing my weed on the station and I'm not sure I am down with that.

In all seriousness I vote yes. I used to have a pet raccoon so I love those critters and would not mind having them in the game.
imagine as a botanist, you fill a mail chute with weed/produce, hit send, the destination never gets it. you yell angrily at the chute
(01-25-2017, 10:33 PM)Arborinus Wrote: A coon.

A coon in a chute.

I love these.
(01-25-2017, 10:33 PM)Arborinus Wrote: A coon.

A coon in a chute.

oh my gosh that is so cute
oh my gosh!!!
kay i'll bump that up on the list ahead of some other things then