Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Gas - Helium
I propose a new type of gas for the engine and just general station use. It would give the engineers something else to experiment with and make a fine cooling agent. I have already coded this in 4407. If there is any interest I will also code in Marquesa's idea: make it so that inhaling helium that has been released causes you talk in a higher pitch (i.e. replace the vowels in words with i's). I don't know what the current fart or scream code looks like so the job of making higher-pitched farts and screams would be up to the coders.

Really Dumb Suggestion
- Make it so someone wearing the clown uniform can use it to inflate himself, twist himself into a balloon animal, and then die. (Alternatively just have him inflate and gib.) This would be a custom suicide.

Here is a sprite I repainted for the canister.
[Image: F09Se3Us.png]
You know what? There should also be a cannister for almost every gas/element that can be dispensed in chemistry. And the option to attach 3 or 4 cannisters so you can power the engine with reactions like space drugs or thalmerite.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:You know what? There should also be a cannister for almost every gas/element that can be dispensed in chemistry. And the option to attach 3 or 4 cannisters so you can power the engine with reactions like space drugs or thalmerite.
napalm-jenkem-smoke power?

I like it.
It would be kind of neat if there was a way to add chemicals to the gas process, with a variety of side effects, such as turning the pipes into a neurotoxin delivery system, or causing the pressure in the engine to go waaay up because you added some vodka and some liquid oxygen or something.

Helium could be a fun element though, in terms of squeeky voices everywhere.
How would you represent squeeky voices as text?
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:How would you represent squeeky voices as text?

Isaac Kirkhope squeaks, "I'm rilly fill if hilium pliis hilp mi"
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:How would you represent squeeky voices as text?

InquisitorL Wrote:replace the vowels in words with i's
atomic1fire Wrote:It would be kind of neat if there was a way to add chemicals to the gas process, with a variety of side effects, such as turning the pipes into a neurotoxin delivery system, or causing the pressure in the engine to go waaay up because you added some vodka and some liquid oxygen or something.

As cool as this sounds, the reagent and the gas system are two very distinct systems, not to mention introducing 100+ new gases would place a lot of load on the already bulky atmos.