Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(05-17-2017, 03:34 PM)Mordent Wrote: Make genetic consoles produce beakers of a reagent instead of injectors. The beakers contain 50u of the reagent. The reagent depletes while inside a living mob at 0.1u/tick. While the reagent is inside someone they have the mutation. If they have mutadone inside them they deplete much faster (5u/tick?).

If they manage to keep the reagent inside of them for 200 ticks (so having to top up at least 3 times) they develop it permanently, and then it can be removed via mutadone/the genetics console as normal.

The reagents have a small chance of adding radiation to the consumer - amount varies based on the power, with speech ones having no chance and things like thermal resistance having a higher amount. If it's stabilized it has the amount of radiation it adds reduced.

Have radiation resistance ignore that built up from genetic reagents.

Enjoy watching geneticists having to pop pentetic acid pills like it's candy to keep them from becoming a gibbering, blind, deaf, dwarf while repeatedly pumping themselves full of the genetic reagents to keep their superpowers going as the pentetic acid is depleting them.

Have fun chowing down on mashed potatoes with tourettes gravy.

Wait if we can research, identify and manipulate the DNA of humans and monkeys with a scanner why can't we do the same with pathogens? Why cant we splice mutations into viruses and make everyone superhuman hulks or obeise monkeys?
Here's a couple of ideas.
1. Make constructing rocket shoes take a small amount of time to make, so no accidental pairs are made.
One time I almost died in space because I had accidentally clicked on my pair of Moonwalkers with a jetpack, leaving me with no internals and no fancy shoes, which was a pretty bad experience overall.

2. On the Destiny, add a couple pairs of tanning sunglasses to the pool instead of a single pair of flash-resistant glasses.
Everyone rushes these glasses at round-start, either for how they look cool or for the flash resistance. As I want to be able to look cool, I'd rather have multiple pairs of tanning sunglasses at round-start that can be shared than a single pair of flash-resistant sunglasses that everyone fights over. As for what to do with the flash-resistant pair, just hide them in a bush or something.
(05-18-2017, 12:03 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Wait if we can research, identify and manipulate the DNA of humans and monkeys with a scanner why can't we do the same with pathogens? Why cant we splice mutations into viruses and make everyone superhuman hulks or obeise monkeys?

We can't do anything fun about/with pathology because it's one of those personal projects where changing anything about it would mess up their *~vision~* and as a result everyone just pretends current pathology is perfect as it is even though it's clearly in the 'WIP' section of the public release and hasn't been changed at all since then.
(05-20-2017, 01:23 AM)Roomba Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 12:03 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Wait if we can research, identify and manipulate the DNA of humans and monkeys with a scanner why can't we do the same with pathogens? Why cant we splice mutations into viruses and make everyone superhuman hulks or obeise monkeys?

We can't do anything fun about/with pathology because it's one of those personal projects where changing anything about it would mess up their *~vision~* and as a result everyone just pretends current pathology is perfect as it is even though it's clearly in the 'WIP' section of the public release and hasn't been changed at all since then.

The person who was working on it is gone now, if i recall

The ACTUAL reason nobody has done anybody with it is because nobody wants to touch it with a 10 foot pole
consider applying crate scooting-over to various other large objects
pathology is the perfect example of disgustingly complicated and overly biased towards negative results
it's only for extremely patient (both in time and terms of buggy/unfair shit) traitors 99% of the time
remember that old weird disease that healed u and gave u free sunglasses. that was a nice disease
Add Greater Birb
wizards should be able to take magic missile and phase shift again as spells to halve the cooldown or something but it costs a spell point.
(05-20-2017, 09:31 AM)med sal15 Wrote: Add Greater Birb

spiders should be able to *octaflip instead of *doubleflip

also known as jumping
(05-20-2017, 08:06 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: spiders should be able to *octaflip instead of *doubleflip

also known as jumping

A traitor mindslave implant that goes in stealthily, but allows the traitor to, at any time, remotely take control of the person for a while. Combine with a spy sticker to watch for the perfect time to go puppetmaster.
(05-26-2017, 03:48 PM)Superlagg Wrote: A traitor mindslave implant that goes in stealthily, but allows the traitor to, at any time, remotely take control of the person for a while. Combine with a spy sticker to watch for the perfect time to go puppetmaster.

You know, right now the head of personel doesn't have any unique traitor items. This would fit quite well.
Add an owl version of initrobeedril and royal initrobeedril.