Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(04-05-2017, 08:20 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Make cloning and all other forms of revival force the body's ghost into the revived body. Or at least show a message on the cloner about why they can't be revived.

Unable to initiate cloning process: There is no cloning pod or the player is braindead.

Ephemeral something something seance something: They have set DNR
The player always snaps back into their body with SR, provided they still hold ownership over the body. Failed cloning disrupts this. If they DNR, then it displays a message about them preferring death before they asplode.
Farting with an object underneath you should have you fart ON the object, just for that extra bit of spite
(04-05-2017, 11:23 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Farting with an object underneath you should have you fart ON the object, just for that extra bit of spite
Joe Clown farts on the strangelet loaf nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget nugget pizza.
(04-05-2017, 07:20 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 04:58 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Also relevant to Destiny/Clarion: make the Chef spawn with a mutadone pill so he can opt out of his crippling Swedishness without having to entreat other players.

a.k.a. remove a chance to create interaction between crew on the RP server. Hard pass from me.

Unrelated: let us replace destroyed (not just damaged) APCs. If the area has an APC already the attempt to create a second one fails (or possibly explodes).

I just discovered that one can replicate an apc with the blueprint machine! (Canisters as well, oddly enough)
(04-05-2017, 07:20 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 04:58 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Also relevant to Destiny/Clarion: make the Chef spawn with a mutadone pill so he can opt out of his crippling Swedishness without having to entreat other players.

a.k.a. remove a chance to create interaction between crew on the RP server. Hard pass from me.

I don't like immediately having to run into medbay LOOCing or bust into the bar or something, and there's only so many times I can make 'oh dear I ate swedium on a different ship' entertaining, but alright fair enough
Add a trait that gives you a chance to drop something every time you attempt to place it or remove it from a container (belt, backpack, toolbox, etc.).
Rework maintenance tunnels to make them less of shortcuts and alternative routes, and more places for hiding the guts (APCs, wires, airvents) of the station and shady business.

Replace maintenance doors with vent covers. They would have an ID lock to open them, but only engineers and mechanics would have that access for servicing them.

Otherwise they would require being removed with tools. Small critters like monkeys or handspiders could simply fit through the cracks.

The idea is to make an open maintenance tunnel a scarier thing, because someone left it open but you don't know why and if they're still in there
Have a stamina esque thing for borgs but with much faster cooldown, where their servos overheat or something if they use one module too much too quickly. i.e. a hydroborg cant just chainsaw someone forever once they fall down, giving humans a slight chance
Add a Gravity generator (kinda like tgstation) with adjustable gravity.

When on low it works like space but with air.

When on normal it works like normal gravity.

But on high gravity things get hilarious, and now everyone has to crawl everywhere like they were trying to crawl under plastic flaps.

On the highest (read: Emagged) setting, everything slowly crushes you unless you're a cyborg, or have some kind of spacesuit that can withstand the pressure.

Sudden changes in gravity may cause some members of the crew to experience motion sickness. e.g do not turn off gravity or people will barf.

Also semi related, a Malfunctioning Gravity engine/Vomit Comit event, which causes gravity to randomly jump up and down for no reason, in addition crewmen may feel the need to vomit when experiencing such changes.

In addition maybe a fun chem that replicates the effect of low gravity on a small scale, so you can float around like an idiot vomiting everywhere.

I put this in ideas of questionable quality because other servers have gravity generators of some kind, so Goon might shy away from an exact copy. Still I think the idea of adjustable gravity could be fun, especially since a GG that causes motion sickness sounds like a goon thing. Like a theme park ride the engineers are charged with repairing.
(04-07-2017, 03:44 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Rework maintenance tunnels to make them less of shortcuts and alternative routes, and more places for hiding the guts (APCs, wires, airvents) of the station and shady business.

Replace maintenance doors with vent covers. They would have an ID lock to open them, but only engineers and mechanics would have that access for servicing them.

This would be a real fun one, but difficult to implement given the need for total reworking/new maps.
Give sec some way to detraitorize people, temp or perm.

Yes, I secretly enjoy putting out ideas that make people scream in unison.
there is a way to detraitorize

it is called take them to robotics and let the doctor handle the rest
That's merely a fate worse than death for most.

Next horrible idea: Give RD their bomb back. Or well, a bomb. They feel a bit naked.
I think I'm gonna make random baddish ideas a mainstay.

Give sec a chem dispenser, a large beaker, and a box of beakers. Because everybody and their grandma is a chemnerd now.

Even worse idea: Put a syringe gun (crated) in the armory. It would give sec more agency and makes the armory more relevant. It also means we'd see more horrible syringe gun combos. Or funny ones.