Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Extension cords for energy devices. Connect a cable from your taser to an APC and use the station's power grid to zap traitors. Move to far away and the cable will yank the gun out of your hand, or break and shock you.

Cigarette holders. Be an evil aristocrat style.

Ash trays and dropping ashes from lit cigs. Mobile ashtray buddies that follow you while you smoke.

Put out cigarettes on your tongue and take some burns like a badass.
Change the smoker trait to "you cannot get addicted to chems from cigarettes" instead of the current "do not get any chems from cigarettes".
(04-02-2017, 06:19 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Change the smoker trait to "you cannot get addicted to chems from cigarettes" instead of the current "do not get any chems from cigarettes".

That or raise it to 0. With addiction no longer completely debilitating (thankfully), it's value has dropped.
I wanna remind everyone that this is more of an unconventional idea and trend bucking thread rather than a general idea one.

Get rid of the manufacturers. Instead, have vending machines take place of most item procurement. Rarer things come in qm crates or from crafting machines.
Swipe your card to have it give you item lists relevant to your job

Alter changeling absorbtion and husk mechanics. Instead of leaving behind a husked body, the victim is fully absorbed into the Changeling, leaving behind all their possessions. When the Changeling activates their identity changing abilities, they leave behind an insect like husk that looks like their last identity. Changing identity shortens ability cooldowns.

Make Werewolves invulnerable to anything but weapons crafted from cobryl. This doesn't apply to their human form. They have no control over when they switch forms. Werewolves are controlled by two different players. One person controls the human form, the other the wolf form. They are in a near concious state while not in control, only partially knowing what happened during the other phase
(04-02-2017, 11:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I wanna remind everyone that this is more of an unconventional idea and trend bucking thread rather than a general idea one.
not any more. i like the werewolf ideas but also then being a werewolf is just kind of lame for the human controller. maybe let them communicate similar to hivemind but maybe the wolf can only use preset stuff to say like "KILL" or "HUNGRY" and stuff. or just a rule that says to be brute and wolfish idk. also make werewolves more common!
Give AI a clunky camera accessible database app that either has read access or read/write access to security/medica/crew records.

Worst Implementation: Ai is given a law that treats the clown as Captain, so it edits clown's records to give full access.

Slightly less worse implemantation: Security needs someone to set the traitor to arrest, instead of having the AI find a sec computer and do it, they can now right click and edit the traitor's record, or see if a record even exists, straight from the cameras.

AI watch dogs edition

Maybe said clunky App could let the AI determine network IDs for doors and what not. Basically pretending as if AI has direct access to the station's database through it's cameras. Captain could be a bro and tell the AI to give data to the mechanics.
(04-04-2017, 03:17 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Give AI a clunky camera accessible database app that either has read access or read/write access to security/medica/crew records.

Worst Implementation: Ai is given a law that treats the clown as Captain, so it edits clown's records to give full access.

Slightly less worse implemantation: Security needs someone to set the traitor to arrest, instead of having the AI find a sec computer and do it, they can now right click and edit the traitor's record, or see if a record even exists, straight from the cameras.

AI watch dogs edition

I like this idea a lot.
(04-04-2017, 03:19 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 03:17 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Give AI a clunky camera accessible database app that either has read access or read/write access to security/medica/crew records.

AI watch dogs edition

I like this idea a lot.

I also like this idea, on account of last night when I thought I could set a guy to arrest through my ai pda and could not
It could be like, an additional tab that gives you their entire record. Clicking on people brings up their record, and you can peruse it and edit it in the tab.

Could also be a nice way to handle door access requests, since you could just bring up their file and give them access they need for a bit
Also: make Destiny's space tiles (gently) animated to suggest the ship is actually flying.

EDIT: Also relevant to Destiny/Clarion: make the Chef spawn with a mutadone pill so he can opt out of his crippling Swedishness without having to entreat other players.
Make the monkey vendor scannable with the Syndicate DA. Provided that wasn't already changed.
(04-04-2017, 04:58 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Also relevant to Destiny/Clarion: make the Chef spawn with a mutadone pill so he can opt out of his crippling Swedishness without having to entreat other players.

a.k.a. remove a chance to create interaction between crew on the RP server. Hard pass from me.

Unrelated: let us replace destroyed (not just damaged) APCs. If the area has an APC already the attempt to create a second one fails (or possibly explodes).
(04-05-2017, 06:54 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Make the monkey vendor scannable with the Syndicate DA. Provided that wasn't already changed.

Seconded!
(04-05-2017, 06:54 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Make the monkey vendor scannable with the Syndicate DA. Provided that wasn't already changed.

I interpreted that DA to mean district attorney.

I really wish more trials were held.
Make cloning and all other forms of revival force the body's ghost into the revived body. Or at least show a message on the cloner about why they can't be revived.

Bring back yiff. Give everyone 4d20 astral tails.