Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Make the revolvers and shotguns require cocking before they can fire, either by trying to fire it again or by clicking on the gun while selected.

Heavy clothing and firesuits should reduce the damage of lasers.

Coffee should mix with chocolate and/or milk.

Spreadshot tazers.

Show the people being cloned a rough ETA of when they'll be ready, aside from their health icon.

Disarm intent with a long pole-like object, sword, or gun against someone else with a mop or pile of rods should do some sick swordfight moves, like parrying with sparks and clangs and shit.

Fire extinguishers should explode when shot. Or just burst and spew foam everywhere.

Killing someone with a headshot from a shotgun should make their eyes or brain fly out.

That gib that looks kinda like a guy's torso and head? You should be able to cut it open and take its brain out, with a large chance of it being mush or damaged beyond use. Cloning someone with a mushed brain should just make an NPC staff assistant.

Let the AI drive a forklift. Maybe it can poke the pedals with a screwdriver and steer with its nose.
(02-16-2017, 07:55 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Coffee should mix with chocolate and/or milk.

At the moment we have two reagents that really should be one and the same, coffee and espresso.

Alternatively: coffee + 3 water =@90C=> 4 espresso
Maybe a better reason to drink espresso over coffee from the machine? Currently they are pretty much the same?

Also spreadshots could be allocated to shotguns? Possible now that projectiles are coded differently? I would love to see more diverse guns in general.
(02-16-2017, 07:55 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Fire extinguishers should explode when shot. Or just burst and spew foam everywhere.
We really don't have a red barrels equivalent, do we?
(02-16-2017, 12:14 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 07:55 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Fire extinguishers should explode when shot. Or just burst and spew foam everywhere.

Go shoot a plasma canister with an energy gun a few times, let me know how it goes.
(02-16-2017, 12:49 PM)Mordent Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 12:14 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Go shoot a plasma canister with an energy gun a few times, let me know how it goes.

I stand corrected, though plasma tanks are peppered strategically around the station the same way red barrels are in other games
posted elsewhere but reiterating here -

using the exercise machines should let u pull things faster :3

cyberbutts from robotcs fabs should offer some degree of resistance to rathens secret
Fire should be significantly more common in oxygen-rich environments. I.E a room of pure oxygen should make fires at, say, 30°C.

Canisters should be able to slowly leak contents if damaged enough (Not broken so that the contents spill out. Just a small leak from, say, kicking it a bunch of times)
Also, you should stop being on fire if there's no oxygen. How does it make sense that I am on fire in space.
(02-17-2017, 09:44 AM)locusts Wrote: Also, you should stop being on fire if there's no oxygen. How does it make sense that I am on fire in space.

It's the oxygen from your body.
Make it so that wizards can't use weapons.
wizard gang stealing all th guns and blasting ppl is great part of wizard gang experience
Actually, it fucking sucks to have a teleporting rampager with up to 5 offensive spells and a gun
Wizards are one of those things that almost everyone agrees is broken in some way, but actually doing anything substantial about it would require a ton of work, so only the most overpowered spells are nerfed and everything else about it is 'good thing they're rare then' *shrug*
has anything been done with that purple magic shit mineral from mining lately? maybe it could be a wizardbane material. conferring small% chances to block spells the way chaplaincy does as armor, and adding 5s to cooldowns of spells on hit when used as wepon. could also have anti wraith applications since wraiths are kind of magic too. ghost magic