Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(01-24-2017, 09:37 PM)medsal15 Wrote: I never said a thing about bombs.
Yeah that was Grim - hazard of mass-quoting for reference. I'll fix it.
(01-24-2017, 12:52 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Armor that works against lasers. Maybe even reflects them, like a shirt made out of a disco ball.

glass / plasmaglass armor

breaks and shatters on hit on a single hit with blunt damage, bleeding the wearer and hurting them
reflects all energy projectiles in a random direction
(01-24-2017, 11:41 AM)Sundance Wrote: Rework QM to be completely trader based.
There's more to this idea, but I'll leave as it stands.
That could be interesting, especially if it was somehow tied to the whole stock market thing that is often ignored.

Like, if things you bought were manufactured by companies that were on the stock market, and the traders you dealt with included representatives of those companies.

Maybe you could even use the fake internet (also often ignored) to do some shady insider trading or hack company files to manipulate stocks and also the prices of items.
improved crime opportunities

1. tie a forklift or cargo tractor or mars rover or etc to an atm with cable coil and drive to yank it out of the wall and spill cash everywhere at the cost of disabling the atm

2. install secret mini scanner in atm to steal ppls pin and bank balance and etc

3. make the bank records central control computer actually challenging to fuck with in order to make these alternatives attractive

4. improved miscreant objectives wherein small acts of professional misconduct, neglect, and data leaks are rewarded with cash kickbacks from external benefactors

5. more frequent visits from shady traders with good shit to sell to make this cash remotely relevant to the rest of the events
Remove the feature disabling the use of your bank account by changing the name on your ID.
good ideas, misto

and I mean that with sincerity, actually
(01-24-2017, 11:10 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 12:52 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Armor that works against lasers. Maybe even reflects them, like a shirt made out of a disco ball.
glass / plasmaglass armor
breaks and shatters on hit on a single hit with blunt damage, bleeding the wearer and hurting them
reflects all energy projectiles in a random direction
Hmm, yes, hmm. If it can be made at the fabricator, it would draw some needed attention to materials processing, people trying to make armor that is lasers-proof, but not also a death-trap to wear.

(01-24-2017, 11:41 AM)Sundance Wrote: Rework QM to be completely trader based.
There's more to this idea, but I'll leave as it stands.
As opposed to whining at the other departments for surplus? Isn't that the whole point of being a QM?
I honestly would play your QM over the current 'professional begger'-QM, but perhaps your job could stand as a job of it's own.

(01-25-2017, 11:57 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Remove the feature disabling the use of your bank account by changing the name on your ID.
Oh Yes, please, it is so annoying!

And now another 'Are you crazy?'-idea:
- Regular Server-maintenance days: 16-hours of no Goonstation.
Do something else with your time instead: browse the forum, update the wiki, check the code for bugs, go to that 'outside' I've hear so much about.
Obviously wouldn't work; people would just play on other servers.
My death closet idea was very bad but you know what it could be good also. I want more mimics
(01-26-2017, 07:12 PM)poland spring Wrote: My death closet idea was very bad but you know what it could be good also.  I want more mimics

Mimic potion: traitor item, 2 telecrystals. Splash on an item to turn it into a mimic! When used on toolboxes, turns them into the toolbox mimics that can pop up from failed teleports. When used on crates or lockers, has no effect initally, but if someone tries to open it, they spring up and try to swallow them, trapping them inside and doing constant brute damage until it kills them and digests the body. If someone tries to open with a mimic crate or locker while it has someone trapped, it will spit out it's current victim at whoever just tried to open it, stunning them both, and than try to swallow both of them. Doors will act like nerfed versions of the living doors in meat station, chomping people who pass through. Other objects will act like objects animated by a wraith, but remain inactive until someone interacts with them. As a potential bonus, mimics won't attack traitors, instead working as normal objects, with the exception of handheld objects causing bleeding when you hit someone with them due to now having teeth. The possibilities are endless!
(01-26-2017, 07:42 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 07:12 PM)poland spring Wrote: My death closet idea was very bad but you know what it could be good also.  I want more mimics

-snip-

Well you can't have them not attack traitors, just the traitor that spawned them. Otherwise if sec stole a bottle of this stuff they could use it as a traitor detection system. But yes sounds good
While I can't see this working for goonstation, it might be neat if someone took byond's new controller support and implemented a private server co-op mode. Controller support overall might be neat but the games dependence on chat might muddle things unless someone adds certain preset chat commands. for instance "help at x"

For an actual feasible idea, why not give cyborg rechargers a means to restock chems for janitor and medborgs. Having to hunt down a space cleaner canister to refill the spray bottle is annoying and there's not even enough space cleaner to last you that long. Making a borg wait a little bit longer but also get their chems restocked optionally might be a good feature. There's probably some chemistry reason why mediborgs and janiborgs can't sit in roboticists office and get their chems refilled, but I think giving borgs a finite chem amount with no good restock means is just silly.

Alternatively just include those bottles that look like bleach containers in the janitor crates.
remove the detective as a job, or at least remove the detectives gun. all detectives are either idiots or traitors, it's true
Toxins should either be removed, or be responsible for the engine's gas loops and mixes. We don't need two departments doing the same thing, and when it comes to traitoring, scientists already have chemistry and artifacts to help them out.
(01-27-2017, 01:02 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Toxins should either be removed, or be responsible for the engine's gas loops and mixes. We don't need two departments doing the same thing, and when it comes to traitoring, scientists already have chemistry and artifacts to help them out.
I can see see where you are coming from with this, but considering it would be effort to remove it, and none to leave it, it's a no-no.
(01-26-2017, 11:07 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: remove the detective as a job, or at least remove the detectives gun. all detectives are either idiots or traitors, it's true

No. Good detectives are the ones you don't notice and who manage to inform sec without anyone knowing.