Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(12-03-2023, 07:25 PM)Snoid Wrote: this is a passing thought but i feel like sharing. i feel like maybe it would be interesting if captains had a rarer chance of being antag? so that its more surprising when the captain of your ship is actually evil. i dont even play on rp or anything i just feel like the cap being antag being more of a TWIST would be neat.

As I only play on RP - where the captain can not be an antagonist (aside from mindhack or similar things) - I do not have much of an opinion on it.

But even on RP, a detective/command antagonist can feel ... unfair? strong?
It might be worth to create a thread about that.

And personally - I prefer not to be in command when I roll antagonist.
Partially, because I can not break into the bridge when I already have access to it.
Captain antagonists existed on RP but only as conspirators.

And it's not THAT strong, not stronger then an antagonist HoP cause the captain gets more attention then the HoP does.

As for detective... to me that's the most powerful antagonist next to HoP.
HoP can have AA all he likes for him and his allies.
HoP can funnel funds and such.

Sounds like HoP is more powerful right? Nope Det is more powerful. HoP may have all the funds, but he cannot buy what the detective has.

Det has a gun with stun and lethals. Access to some security items. Access to the Det-Net VR glasses, wich are the MOST POWERFUL ITEM IN THE GAME!

Det-nets allow you to access security records on the fly and edit them faster then any security assistant can. Det-Net allows you to access the camera system. Det-Net allow you access to security radio stations (though as a Det you have it already, but for when you lose it) So yea..

Also the det has Spy Stickers wich is great for tracking and eavesdropping and the det-gadget hat. So yea... the Det is the most powerful antag despite lacking acces.

Anyway... this ain't a discussion topic but a silly suggestion topic.
Boxing gloves that put people inside locked crates when used on them
Some meteors now contain mystical rocks that do weird things like mutations, cosmic powers, teleportation and such.

Yes Meteors.. so only during meteor showers do these appear.

Also some rocks turn players into blobs.
alternate variation of meteor storm: artifact storm. the station gets pelted with alien artifacts of one origin, scrap n debris corresponding to that origin, and just rocks n shit
(12-05-2023, 03:02 PM)aft2001 Wrote: alternate variation of meteor storm: artifact storm. the station gets pelted with alien artifacts of one origin, scrap n debris corresponding to that origin, and just rocks n shit

So... a rad storm but insted artifacts are being flung in? XD
Precisely! Ideally able to burrow deep into the station - hope there's no force-activated chembombs big grin
Trainee Vests. Just little color coded vest that a Staff Assistant could put on if they're working in an area. Offers no benefit other than looking like you belong there.
Drunk martial artist trait. Cost negative two trait points. If you have alcohol in your system, it works as pain killer so you won't get slowed down when injured and it increase your stam. You have alcohol resistance too, but you start with alcohol addiction and it works the same as addict trait.
Another trait: Overheated. When on fire, your movement speed drastically increases, inversely based on heat resistance (100% resistance to fire gives you a 0% bonus to speed when on fire) Firefighting foam is only half as effective and you constantly misstep. Effectively being on fire causes you to panic and run around like a headless chicken at faster speeds for hilarious effect, but can also potentially get you to safety faster
(12-10-2023, 03:35 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: Another trait: Overheated. When on fire, your movement speed drastically increases, inversely based on heat resistance (100% resistance to fire gives you a 0% bonus to speed when on fire) Firefighting foam is only half as effective and you constantly misstep. Effectively being on fire causes you to panic and run around like a headless chicken at faster speeds for hilarious effect, but can also potentially get you to safety faster

Trait: "Coldblooded" When cold your speed is uneffected,however if you die now, you do not deathgasp. You are TOO cool for that.
Also lose abillities to dab or fart.
(12-10-2023, 05:39 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Trait: "Coldblooded" When cold your speed is uneffected,however if you die now, you do not deathgasp. You are TOO cool for that.

If someone triggers happy feet on you, instead of dancing along you instead glare at them. Ice cold...
(12-10-2023, 06:50 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 05:39 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Trait: "Coldblooded" When cold your speed is uneffected,however if you die now, you do not deathgasp. You are TOO cool for that.

If someone triggers happy feet on you, instead of dancing along you instead glare at them. Ice cold...

I would actually use this
Thermal-veined beaker. The gas itself doesn't matter, but what does is your gloves and the fluid put inside.

After a gas is put inside (via canisters the same way tanks are filled) depending on the temperature of the gas, the mixture inside is constantly heated or cooled. If the gas temperature goes over the melting point of glass, it slumps out of the canister in a glassy mess (about 1600k if google math is correct)

This means you can do such fun things as instantly vaporizing water, burning your hand on the hot glass and accidentally releasing hot plasma after dropping it, instantly freezing water, creating the perfect temperatured gas so you can have the easiest time making chilled beers, and more probably!

Been having fun in toxins.
Allow using roburgers and cheeseborgers as a cyborg head if the head used had a brain inside
Allow using brainburgers as brain

(Would probably be really hard)