Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(03-28-2023, 04:21 AM)Vocalpocal Wrote: Burning cannabis to ash should not yield ash but potash (get it? pot-ash)

INFINITE SALTPETRE! *laughs maniacally*

...ahem. Yes, this is a good idea, I'd love to see it implemented.
What if there was a way for the syndicate to take over the escape shuttle and crash it
(03-28-2023, 01:27 PM)NanoDano Wrote: What if there was a way for the syndicate to take over the escape shuttle and crash it

"Requires Cluwne Pilot"
vending machine gourmand trait that lets you safely consume any and all vending machine foods (snacks, donuts, chips, food from a food synth,etc) and they give you some minor buffs like you'd get from eating a cooked meal. the downside is that eating cooked food sickens you and gives you food poisoning
Get rid of half of the engines in the game. Hotspot, TEG? Throw 'em in the trash.
personally i loathe the hotspot system on oshan, i wish there were some kind of fun hydroelectric engine or something rather than having to deal with hotspots and then having to adjust for drift. it's just so tiresome and annoying to deal with
(03-29-2023, 09:36 PM)FishyCrea Wrote: Get rid of half of the engines in the game. Hotspot, TEG? Throw 'em in the trash.

TEG is great but with the pipe and atoms changes it has been hit hard. Just needs some tweaking.

Hotspots as a power source is simple to use and I don't hate it. It's just very boring.. but you get the "Belt Hell" for additional power.
The only thing I dont like of hotspots is them moving into Oshan and causing dismay if Engineering is incompitent.
But they are ment to keep engineering engaged after they set up an engine.

I'd say Singularity Engines gotta go if we pick one. Since it's either setup good, amazing or starts killing everyone and the round basicly ends.
Also there isn't much maintaining or upgrading to it. Nothing to monitor the Singularity sometimes and increase output.. nope it's just on and nothing more happens.
No need to look at it cept for sabotage attempts.
It is by far the most boring and most destructive engine in the game. Though I do love me the looks of it...
(03-30-2023, 03:56 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Also there isn't much maintaining or upgrading to it. Nothing to monitor the Singularity sometimes and increase output.. nope it's just on and nothing more happens.
It is by far the most boring and most destructive engine in the game. Though I do love me the looks of it...

Uhh, almost everything there is plain wrong. The singularity engine can be massively imoroved (like going from 20 MW to 300 and beyond with some basic work).

The problem is most engineers just set it up and forget about it. Its like the TEG when everyone and their mother does a charburn.
(03-30-2023, 04:04 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 03:56 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Also there isn't much maintaining or upgrading to it. Nothing to monitor the Singularity sometimes and increase output.. nope it's just on and nothing more happens.

Uhh, almost everything there is plain wrong. The singularity engine can be massively imoroved (like going from 20 MW to 300 and beyond with some basic work).

The problem is most engineers just set it up and forget about it. Its like the TEG when everyone and their mother does a charburn.

Really? There is more maintaining now? I mean I know upgradng it to 300 and beyond isn't hard. Just give it more space and feed it stuff and add more collectors, but is there anything beyond that?
Wel, you can work on supercooled plasma. But that is already more work than you need to do on the TEG, except when you go for a agent b or pipeburn.

Personally, i would say the singularity is the most work intensive engine but also the best progressively upgradeable engine. With the TEG, you either have a stable chamber- or charburn or you are on welding duty and the engine goes exponential. There is not really an inbetween.
Given that kinetic and energy weaponry have been getting renamed lately to have both brands and manufacturers I feel the same should be done for the AI/armory turrets.

I humbly suggest that they be Fully Automatic Reactive Turrets manufactured by Advanced Security Solutions.
(04-03-2023, 06:50 PM)Mouse Wrote: Given that kinetic and energy weaponry have been getting renamed lately to have both brands and manufacturers I feel the same should be done for the AI/armory turrets.

I humbly suggest that they be Fully Automatic Reactive Turrets manufactured by Advanced Security Solutions.

Advanced Security Solutions feels a little too generic of a name. How about Aardvark Security Solutions? Named that becouse they wanted to appear first on any alphabeticed list.
reclaiming rocko should count against the hippocratic oath objective
A list of both dumb and hidden gem ideas collected from my worm brain
  • you should be able to fish up an AI-controlled peppino if you use pizza as fishing hook bait on a kitchen machine
  • AI should be able to set their status to static so they can pretend to die by doing static status, then bsod status
  • if you deflect a projectile using csaber or dodge via matrix flipout, there should be a karmascaling chance to say "I'm not gonna sugarcoat it" and then 50/50 the parry sound from pizza tower or the parry sound from ultrakill plays
  • pickle/cucumber slices should be wearable on the glasses slot (like in cartoons when people go in the sauna or hotspring)
  • magnetic gloves: they stick items to your hands, so they act like a temporary tool arm: no accidental dropping, disarm uses item on you. works with two handed things. you can still drop and throw stuff by your own choice.
  • a drug chem that reduces your melee attack cooldown (like microdosing raj but without the actual raj part)
  • a machine in some kinda azone that replaces your blood with a desired chemical. you need 600u of said chemical however and the chemical affects you like a beaker chicken
  • wizard being able to buy a staff of genetics which shoots magic bolts that polymorph people it hits into geneticists which also puts a genetics computer and dna scanner around them
  • oshan/nadir ocean having a low chance to be randomly automatically replaced with a random reagent, no admin oceanify required
  • sec officer/sec ass traitor item: trick stunbaton. anyone who isn't sec that uses a trick baton gets themselves stunned instead. for sec, it works just like a real baton. let the yellow hand tiders arrest themselves with this handy dandy tool!
  • RD and apiculturist traitor item: secret formula bee stimulants, turns bees into violent serial killer monsters (especially Heisenbee)
  • a map that is two stations in one z-level, with the crew being split across both of them
  • apidae metabolism rework, so it makes you able to eat nectar, pollinate plants, and puke honey
  • a chem dispenser subtype that initializes with 5-20 random options
  • deadchat plays singulo: ghosts get the ability to control a loose singulo by ghostpointing at where it should go. low chance for each point to redirect singulo. getting eaten by singulo gives you a higher chance for your points to redirect the singulo!
  • station football: space american football but on station and more teams, with each team being a department and having a head of staff leader. bring the ball to your department's head office to win the point!! (everyone has AA and the station is stripped like in battle royale)
  • if you have a syndicate hat and you *hatstomp the hos hat, it should make a 12 microbomb explosion, you glorious little hos-killing rascal you!!
  • there should be a karmascaling chance to force say "OH YEAH!!" when destroying an airlock or deconstructing a wall
That reminds me... when do we get a chemical that allows us to become space bees!