Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
For security and pods in general: Prison cell/holding cell sub system. It would assist security officers if they apprehended an antag in space and dont have access to the portable brig. Furthermore, it would allow antags to kidnap people and take them to other z levels instead of only being able to shove their corpse into the cargo hold.
(01-22-2023, 12:13 PM)Judobum Wrote: For security and pods in general: Prison cell/holding cell sub system. It would assist security officers if they apprehended an antag in space and dont have access to the portable brig. Furthermore, it would allow antags to kidnap people and take them to other z levels instead of only being able to shove their corpse into the cargo hold.

I actually agree with this. Antags trying to get off station is a PAAAAAIN.

Want to kidnap someone to the space diner or listening post or such?
You better have a teleporter or a willing victim (using mind hacks)
But knocking someone out without a teleporter? Yea, you ain't going anywhere with them....

On the other hand, we don't want to encourage too much off station shennigans as it involves less and less players to interact with that antagonist.

10/10 questionable suggestion
(01-22-2023, 12:13 PM)Judobum Wrote: For security and pods in general: Prison cell/holding cell sub system. It would assist security officers if they apprehended an antag in space and dont have access to the portable brig. Furthermore, it would allow antags to kidnap people and take them to other z levels instead of only being able to shove their corpse into the cargo hold.

I would like to add that, if you've got a crate, you can incapacitate a victim and force them to lie down before stuffing them into the crate and shutting it. You should then be able to put the crate in the cargo hold and transport the person around in the back. It's...inconvenient, to be sure, but you DO have an option to move living people around in pods without them being able to escape. Still, a dedicated "incarceration module" for pods that accepts people only might be neat.

Suggestion: Make the chance for tomatoes infused with Phlogiston to turn into Seething Tomatoes waaaaaaaay higher. In my experience it can take half a dozen infusion attempts or more to get seethers because infusing either kills the seed or the infused seed you plant isn't a mutant. And it's not going to stop botany from becoming bio-terrorists with flaming tomatoes. It just slows us down.
Pigeons.
(01-23-2023, 08:03 PM)Mouse Wrote: Pigeons.

We got those in ranch rn right?
(01-24-2023, 04:11 AM)cheekybrdy Wrote:

We do.

Suggestion: Be able to sell live animals (such as pigeons) via the QM. Basic varieties of chickens or bees would not sell for much, but some of the rarer mutations could be highly coveted and profitable to sell. The rancher could then make the station a lot of money when selling something like raptors, with the trade off of not having as many critters around to lay eggs.
(01-24-2023, 05:18 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 04:11 AM)cheekybrdy Wrote:

We do.

Suggestion: Be able to sell live animals (such as pigeons) via the QM. Basic varieties of chickens or bees would not sell for much, but some of the rarer mutations could be highly coveted and profitable to sell. The rancher could then make the station a lot of money when selling something like raptors, with the trade off of not having as many critters around to lay eggs.

To be fair it's very easy to overpopulate a pen mid shift. So selling them is defintally a good idea. I suggest we put in a "Life stock crate" so we can stack the chickens in there without escaping.
(01-24-2023, 05:48 AM)Kotlol Wrote: To be fair it's very easy to overpopulate a pen mid shift. So selling them is defintally a good idea. I suggest we put in a "Life stock crate" so we can stack the chickens in there without escaping.

Good idea. A "critter pen" crate or "Livestock Crate" available from the QM that critters can't escape from would be a good thing in general for cases where you have to round up critters of any type. Ranchers and Roboticists churning out a lot of tiny creatures might benefit from this when it comes time to deploy their creations to a specific spot for evil deeds. (Recently we had a butbott-growing frenzy in Botany, and found that it was very difficult to transport them to escape via a regular crate - you had to get lucky with welding them into the crate before any jumped out.)
I know y'all have an aversion to cribbing ideas from TG, but hear me out

Steal the holodeck, but theme it as a theater thing so you can swap out sets

It's not like it's an original idea in the first place
Mime traitor item, baguette sharpener. It allows a mime to turn any baguette into throwing spears.
(01-25-2023, 06:31 AM)Goat_Real Wrote: Mime traitor item, baguette sharpener. It allows a mime to turn any baguette into throwing spears.

I never seen a traitor mime.
(01-25-2023, 08:45 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I never seen a traitor mime.
Well, they DO have a job-exclusive traitor item, the poison rose. (99% of the time it will be from the surplus crate, though)

(Funny enough, my first time playing again after a while I got arcfiend mime)
Surgical Shears:

Tool that when hold massively speeds up removing clothing items/masks/helmets at the expense of destroying the item. Allows doctors to quickly remove masks and such for surgery and CPR.
(01-25-2023, 02:13 PM)zcrow Wrote: Surgical Shears:

Tool that when hold massively speeds up removing clothing items/masks/helmets at the expense of destroying the item. Allows doctors to quickly remove masks and such for surgery and CPR.

Monkey players:  sad greater domestic space-bee
let skeletons choose between human, cow, lizard, and pug sprites