Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(01-18-2023, 01:22 PM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 06:24 AM)BatElite Wrote: If you're in a sealed spacesuit you can't breathe station air

have internals or asphyxiate :3

The whole "I can breathe station air while I'm in this sealed space suit" never made a whole lot of sense to me. But now I've gotta ask: where does all of the CO2 you're breathing out go when you're wearing a sealed space suit?

If this change gets implemented, then CO2 should build up in your suit over time (unless you get a fancy "Atmos-Vented Suit"), like a balloon with flesh in it. Depending on how high the pressure is, taking off your helmet or suit can cause a small explosion and send your helmet flying out of your inventory, dealing BRUTE damage to anyone hit by it that scales with pressure.

id like to think that in the future the technology for breathable space suits is already here and standard
(01-18-2023, 02:24 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: id like to think that in the future the technology for breathable space suits is already here and standard

Yeah, fair. There's plenty of more serious hand-waving going on in the Goon lore surrounding technology.

But seriously, breathable suits or not, how does fart propulsion work in space if you're in a suit? I don't care how "breathable" your damn suit is, a fart shouldn't be getting through that. Fart propulsion should only work if you aren't wearing a suit.

Less silly suggestion: give all debris field drones explosions on death, so that you can tell when they're dying. While scout and cutter drones have these, mining drones and a couple of the less common variants don't, if I recall correctly.
i had a concept for a race that are essentially just knockoff space elves

(rp only) more sensitive to motive loss/gains, could be slightly sturdier, to make them really stand out though is to have it so their organs are located in different parts of their bodies, requiring some different surgical procedures
(01-18-2023, 02:13 PM)Retrino Wrote: not regardless of antag, regardless of antag *role*. meaning a vampire making ttvs is just as simple as a traitor making ttvs. there is an entire section on the wiki construction page purely for bombs, im sure antags will survive without their 10 minute max caps

Yes, and that is good. When i mean "all antags" it means "all antags, regardless of role or type" as well. Vampires, traitors, spiefs, hard mode traitors. Honestly, if the station let revs or gangs make maxcaps, they deserve to be blast to smithereens.

I just personally find it silly to have the ttv's just lying around and would move them to a secured RD locker. To somewhat stop the tiders on classic and make them force to communicate with the RD or learn packets, which most of them will fail at anyway. In the lowest case, that's a 5-10 minute delay on getting maxcap.

Essentially, i want to nerf it in a way that mostly leaves the possibility intact for RP while giving classic a slap on the wrist. (Because that is sadly a classic-problem. I have seen 4 rounds involving ttv's in RP on the last 3 months and i consider that far too low). And the easiest way is bringing in a need for communication.
Arms for borgs that function like a human's...but with a catch. The Borg player doesn't control the limbs, a second human player wearing gloves and a headset does.

The gloves will let the 2nd player control the borg's left and right arms.

The headset allows the 2nd player to see what the Borg can, but not hear. They can speak directly to the borg, who they will rely the Borg to communicate.

The Borg player controls their own movement and speech, as well as their third, chest mounted arm slot at all times. They cannot use their limb arms of their own volition though.
(01-19-2023, 04:02 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Arms for borgs that function like a human's...but with a catch. The Borg player doesn't control the limbs, a second human player wearing gloves and a headset does.

The gloves will let the 2nd player control the borg's left and right arms.

The headset allows the 2nd player to see what the Borg can, but not hear. They can speak directly to the borg, who they will rely the Borg to communicate.

The Borg player controls their own movement and speech, as well as their third, chest mounted arm slot at all times. They cannot use their limb arms of their own volition though.

I always like multi controlled charaters in this game. Like the monstrosity form of the changeling, everyone part of the hive contributes by spitting!
Make the alternate clown clothes spacebux thing trigger if anyone buys it, not just whoever rolls clown
(01-20-2023, 01:18 AM)BatElite Wrote: Make the alternate clown clothes spacebux thing trigger if anyone buys it, not just whoever rolls clown

100% No! It's questionable but one thing I am getting tired of seeing is multiplue clown charaters on station.
I allow them to do what they want, but it devalues the actual player who gets to play clown for a round.

Wich is why I invented "Clownyright" aka Clowns sueing anyone who dresses up like a clown or acts like one.
You wanna lube hallways and banana the place like a clown?! LAWSUIT! CLOWNYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!

That or... clown outfits are contraband cept on clowns and security (Since they are clowns too)
(01-20-2023, 03:55 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 01:18 AM)BatElite Wrote: Make the alternate clown clothes spacebux thing trigger if anyone buys it, not just whoever rolls clown

100% No! It's questionable but one thing I am getting tired of seeing is multiplue clown charaters on station.
I allow them to do what they want, but it devalues the actual player who gets to play clown for a round.

Wich is why I invented "Clownyright" aka Clowns sueing anyone who dresses up like a clown or acts like one.
You wanna lube hallways and banana the place like a clown?! LAWSUIT! CLOWNYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!

That or... clown outfits are contraband cept on clowns and security (Since they are clowns too)

Oh I didn't mean it as "whoever buys it gets clown clothes" but "If anyone buys it at all, whoever the clown is goes a funky colour" :P
(01-20-2023, 09:09 AM)BatElite Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 03:55 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

Oh I didn't mean it as "whoever buys it gets clown clothes" but "If anyone buys it at all, whoever the clown is goes a funky colour" :P

Okay THIS I HEAVILY APPROVE!
make emps stop draining auto menders

the interaction doesnt make any sense, it just makes the chemicals vanish into thin air
(01-20-2023, 01:04 PM)Retrino Wrote: make emps stop draining auto menders

the interaction doesnt make any sense, it just makes the chemicals vanish into thin air

EMPs overheats Auto menders, making the mender's chemicals turn into gas...
If anything... It should force all the units to turn into a gas.
When cooking food wrong, there's a chance for the closest recipe to be applied instead of making ?????... but it still contains the ???? reagent. Like eating wax fruit.
You should be able to put spaghetti into thr copying mschine to meke copy pasta 

Copying thr copy pasta should have a small chance of making creepy pasta. 

Eating creepy pasta should dye yout eyed black and make you bleed(photorralistic) blood. Likr eating dry cereal. 

Copy pasta should taste bland.
(01-21-2023, 05:21 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: You should be able to put spaghetti into thr copying mschine to meke copy pasta 

Copying thr copy pasta should have a small chance of making creepy pasta. 

Eating creepy pasta should dye yout eyed black and make you bleed(photorralistic) blood. Likr reyinh fry cereal. 

Copy pasta should taste bland.

Add in hallucinating creepy pasta characters and you got a deal