Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(01-11-2023, 03:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Give heads  and certain jobs a few access implants on their person or in their locker. You know, the kind that burn out after a few uses?

I figure this would allow them to "hire" more help from staff assistants more fluidly.

Disposable labor
If you sew a bible into your chest, it should count for the purposes of biblefarting
there should be potential for workplace hazards and getting injured on the job. the most i can really think that falls into this is engineers accidentally killing themselves by falling into the singularity/shocked to death by the containment/irradiating themselves or miners getting torn to ribbons my nanobots, or quartermasters/people unfortunate enough to be walking through the outside of cargo in space while a crate is inbound/outbound, scientists blowing themselves/their department/gassing it with nerve agent. those are far too lethal to happen regularly and are typically the result of player action or inaction (failure to take proper precautions or recklessness)

but what about stuff outside of player control? this would generally be stuff that would not be debilitating/lethal immediately (if not treated), like equipment malfunction or failure (not catastrophic failure but to the degree where you would be able to easily figure out what not to do or prevent it from happening again)
(01-14-2023, 12:02 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: there should be potential for workplace hazards and getting injured on the job. the most i can really think that falls into this is engineers accidentally killing themselves by falling into the singularity/shocked to death by the containment/irradiating themselves  or miners getting torn to ribbons my nanobots, or quartermasters/people unfortunate enough to be walking through the outside of cargo in space while a crate is inbound/outbound, scientists blowing themselves/their department/gassing it with nerve agent. those are far too lethal to happen regularly and are typically the result of player action or inaction (failure to take proper precautions or recklessness)

but what about stuff outside of player control? this would generally be stuff that would not be debilitating/lethal immediately (if not treated), like equipment malfunction or failure (not catastrophic failure but to the degree where you would be able to easily figure out what not to do or prevent it from happening again)
That would be neat, and if you wanted you could make it so that people of that job would be better at fixing it due to their training, so people would stick to their jobs
give changeling morph arm an overlay on the hand slot so that you know which arm is morphed
Remove base map spawn TTV frames and add them to the traitor PDA list for 2tc for scientists

Theres been a trend on main recently where nerds will ttv medbay 10 minutes in regardless of what antag role, or job role, they roll. its becoming unfunny to have 50% of the rounds have people permagibbed and no cloning 10 minutes in. Adding them back to the traitor pda will make these less common (and thus more exciting for the nerds who decide to waste their rounds in toxins) whilst also removing the current problem of self defense ttv's.

For the argument about people who just want to test bombs as nonantags, bomb sim exists.
(01-16-2023, 03:04 AM)NOOT Wrote: Remove base map spawn TTV frames and add them to the traitor PDA list for 2tc for scientists

Theres been a trend on main recently where nerds will ttv medbay 10 minutes in regardless of what antag role, or job role, they roll. its becoming unfunny to have 50% of the rounds have people permagibbed and no cloning 10 minutes in. Adding them back to the traitor pda will make these less common (and thus more exciting for the nerds who decide to waste their rounds in toxins) whilst also removing the current problem of self defense ttv's.

For the argument about people who just want to test bombs as nonantags, bomb sim exists.
Outside of bombs, what are TTVs even used for?
(01-16-2023, 03:04 AM)NOOT Wrote: Remove base map spawn TTV frames and add them to the traitor PDA list for 2tc for scientists

Kinda odd that for restrictions of features is called when the permanent removsl of the players in question would be the right call for repeated self-antagging. These players will just move on to the next feature wirhout changing their behsviour.

Besides, getting hands on effective weaponry is already far too hard for non-traitor antags.

Treat the cause, not the symptom.
Give ghostdrones a budget for autonomous QM/rockbox purchases
(01-16-2023, 08:34 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:

Kinda odd that for restrictions of features is called when the permanent removsl of the players in question would be the right call for repeated self-antagging. These players will just move on to the next feature wirhout changing their behsviour.

Besides, getting hands on effective weaponry is already far too hard for non-traitor antags.

think you missed the point that it Is Antags doing this. its traitors, vamps, whoever happens to rolls antag will just speedrun a ttv because its easy as hell and impactful as hell. self defense ttv meme is rarely an actual problem. big agree with noot in just making it a traitor purchase
(01-16-2023, 12:35 PM)Retrino Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 08:34 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:

think you missed the point that it Is Antags doing this. its traitors, vamps, whoever happens to rolls antag will just speedrun a ttv because its easy as hell and impactful as hell. self defense ttv meme is rarely an actual problem. big agree with noot in just making it a traitor purchase
That would actually be awesome, it will stop people from making ttvs when on revs/gangs, or just when they get thralled. My only question is since it would be a tc item would it be moved to contraband? Would sec start confiscating them on sight since they are only used for bomb making?
(01-16-2023, 12:35 PM)Retrino Wrote: think you missed the point that it Is Antags doing this. its traitors, vamps, whoever happens to rolls antag will just speedrun a ttv because its easy as hell and impactful as hell. self defense ttv meme is rarely an actual problem. big agree with noot in just making it a traitor purchase

As far as i understoof it, it was mostly about non-antags, because they explicitely stated " regardless of antag" and "current problem of self-defense ttvs".

I got no problem of making it harder to get access to transfer valves. Like... just put them in a secured non-attack-openable RD locker (like the HOS-licker, basically), make antags work for it. but i think all antags should have access to effective explosives (no, pipebombs aren't).
If you're in a sealed spacesuit you can't breathe station air

have internals or asphyxiate :3
(01-18-2023, 06:24 AM)BatElite Wrote: If you're in a sealed spacesuit you can't breathe station air

have internals or asphyxiate :3

The whole "I can breathe station air while I'm in this sealed space suit" never made a whole lot of sense to me. But now I've gotta ask: where does all of the CO2 you're breathing out go when you're wearing a sealed space suit?

If this change gets implemented, then CO2 should build up in your suit over time (unless you get a fancy "Atmos-Vented Suit"), like a balloon with flesh in it. Depending on how high the pressure is, taking off your helmet or suit can cause a small explosion and send your helmet flying out of your inventory, dealing BRUTE damage to anyone hit by it that scales with pressure.
(01-16-2023, 10:45 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 12:35 PM)Retrino Wrote: think you missed the point that it Is Antags doing this. its traitors, vamps, whoever happens to rolls antag will just speedrun a ttv because its easy as hell and impactful as hell. self defense ttv meme is rarely an actual problem. big agree with noot in just making it a traitor purchase

As far as i understoof it, it was mostly about non-antags, because they explicitely stated " regardless of antag" and "current problem of self-defense ttvs".

I got no problem of making it harder to get access to transfer valves. Like... just put them in a secured non-attack-openable RD locker (like the HOS-licker, basically), make antags work for it. but i think all antags should have access to effective explosives (no, pipebombs aren't).
not regardless of antag, regardless of antag *role*. meaning a vampire making ttvs is just as simple as a traitor making ttvs. there is an entire section on the wiki construction page purely for bombs, im sure antags will survive without their 10 minute max caps